Chapter 3

Ochaco woke up, the sun shining into her tiny room. Distant chirps and tweets riddled the morning air, the dust settling as she kicked her blanket off. Subtle grunts escaped her throat, as a gnawing feeling, a thumping ache, stirred at the back of head.

"What's going on? What happened?"

She attempted recalling the events of yesterday, only bringing up static. Recollecting certain memories only bought up fuzz in the back of her head. She couldn't place it, hot chocolate, walk in the park, attempted theft...

'Green hair...snarky attitude...intelligent eyes...'

'Six pack...'

"Deku!" She rushed out the room, nearly tripping on her own two feet as she came down the hall. Immediately, the delicious smell of breakfast erupted hunger within her, her mouth started salivating. She looked into the kitchen to see him, once again, shirtless, cooking up a storm.

"Oh, the airhead's awake. Take a seat, food will be done in a minute." She found herself complying, her body craving food and...other things. She glanced around her living room, trying and failing to keep her eyes off of Izuku. No matter what, she couldn't deny that his plain face couldn't make up for the completely ripped body he adorned. 'Honestly, did he get up this early just to cook breakfast for me? That's kinda sweet, compared to his insults. It's almost like he's my boyfRIEEEEEAAAAAA STOP IT STOP IT!'

She slapped herself two times on her cheeks, shaking her head. Izuku, too invested in finishing the meal, turned off the burner and bought out a plate. Ignoring his abs, she awed at the plate placed before her. "Straight from The Midoriya's kitchen, white chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage. Orange juice helps with nutrients and strawberry protein smoothie for your training regimen."

Speechless. Not a single word uttered from her lips. Before she could dive in headfirst into the plate, or string along haikus of gratitudes, something didn't sit right with the menu.

"How did you make a smoothie? We don't have a blender."

"No, but your neighbor, Mr. Enomoto, had one right for the taking. Old man sleeps way too soundly, it took me 2 minutes to pick his doors, then I had to wash it out and put it back. Remind me to buy one once we head out."

Silent judgment came from Ochaco, as Izuku simply shrugged. Once Ochaco took a bite however, bad thoughts left her body and Izuku could practically hear the angelic singing in the background. 'Not complaining now, are we?' He smirked as he leaned back against a wall, watching in silent as she devoured every last morsel.

'She's inhaling the food, this is what happens when you starve yourself, may be hypocritical to think this, but get better self-care. Also, she reminds me of something, a pink floaty creature.' He couldn't quite place his finger on it, but before he could think any further, she was all done, gulping down her orange juice.

"That was the best thing EVER! White rice is efficient, but it can't hold a candle to this meal! Where did you learn how to cook?!?"

"I spent about a month in the back of a restaurant, observing from time to time and cooking once it closed. I told you, done a lot in 8 months."

"Well, if anything else you learned was amazing as this, please feel free to teach me!" She eagerly went back to drinking her juice, failing to catch the subtle crack in Izuku's smile. She got up from the table and rinse her plate, extending her arms to stretch out her back.

"Get dressed, we got work to do." Izuku waited at the door, grabbing his hoodie. He sucked his teeth seeing the rip in the sleeve from the previous night's incident. Ochaco giggled, grabbing her protein shake, as Izuku gave her a side eye.