Chapter 4

I can't breathe.

You're worthless.

I can't breathe.

You've hurt so many people.

I CAN'T BREATHE!

She'll forget like the rest....

Izuku woke up early, same as everyday. Same night terrors, same results. He wasn't even shock any more, numb to the pain. He got up with a groan, checking the time on his smartphone. 5:37 am, early like usual. He got up, and began his exercises in the living room. Something caught his eye, as he went to the table and saw a sticky note, labeled "From Mom and Dad".

'Surprisingly, I haven't seen them once. But then again...' They have barely visited Ochaco during their workdays, constantly at their construction site to make deadlines and agreements. When they did visit, both at the time was training at the beach. Some questions arose on the new things, from the stocked cabinets to the new blender. She chalked it up to having a new friend who helps out, but her parents conceived other thoughts.

"Ochaco, my little Mochi, if you have a boyfriend, please tell us, we want to meet him."

"Dad, stop!" I couldn't help but laugh, while she threatened to throw a book at me.

"Your father's right, sweetie, when will we meet our Prince Charming? He's been oddly kind to just be a friend."

"I'm going to continue studying, I'll see you guys soon." The phone call abruptly ended with a click, while I made a mental note to replace that flip phone.

"W-why are you staring at me like that? My parents got the wrong idea, that's all..."

"Yeah, the wrong idea." Every time he thought on it, he refused to let it fester. "I don't deserve it, not again. No matter, time to get started."

20 minutes later, he controlled his breathing, finishing his personal regimen. He touched his chest, running his fingers along multiple scars, a huge X on his chest. More lines traveled along his wrist, one jagged scar at his neck. He rubbed his recent one on his arm, healed up. Stories with all of them, stories he wasn't willing to rediscover. Washing up, he grabbed his clothes and put on his hoodie.

He rapped his knuckles against her doorframe, common courtesy wasn't necessary, but he tried to maintain some decency.

"Wake up, airhead. It's the big day, don't want to be late."

No response.

"I would have thought you would have been ecstatic, couldn't sleep at all. But here you are, sound asleep." He opened the single window, hearing her stir in her sleep. "Rise and shine, idiot."

"Light breakfast today, only some store bought muffins. You can choose if you want blueberry or chocolate."

Ochaco got up, stretching, her arms extending to the ceiling. "Did you sleep well?" Izuku's questions was met with silence. "What, too good to speak to me now?"

Once again, no sound. Ochaco checked her flip phone, seeing the time. "Well, today's the big day, Ochaco. Time to make Mom and Dad proud."

Izuku's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, wanting to ignore the dread in the back of his mind. Yet, it crept, slowly and slowly as the one thing he expected arrived unexpectedly. Ochaco began taking off her top, revealing her bra. "HEY!" Izuku turned around, hearing more articles of clothing fall to the ground. He hummed to distract himself, more so to distract himself from the reality of his situation. A few minutes later, he heard subtle movements as she left the room, heading towards the bathroom. The rushing water drowned out everything, as he kept asking questions aloud.