Chapter 6

"Please, let me help!"

"Stop it, you're hurting her!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

꧁☂︎︎꧂

"I'm telling you, it's a stupid notion, why are you even near this guy?" Izuku muttered aloud, while Ochaco lightly kicked him as she wrote notes. He sat beside her desk reading while she listened attentively to Aizawa's discourse. Most of the time, Izuku would listened to music or sleep, but Ochaco had successfully got him to enjoy reading a bit more, though she could constantly hear him muttering over the inconsistencies in the writing.

"Alright, that's enough. It's now time for your hero course section, and your teacher is..." Trumpets of fanfare could be heard in the distant. A tall, strong, buff man through the door flame in a flamboyant fashion. With a hearty laugh, he proclaimed, "I AM HERE!"

Many members oohed and ahhed in excitement. The Symbol of Peace, the Number 1 Hero, was going to teach them?! Even Ochaco felt a sudden glee in her heart. Izuku remained silent, not bothering to look up from her books.

"ALL RIGHT, TIME TO BEGIN THE COMBAT TRAINING!" All Might clicked a button, and suitcases appeared out of the side wall. "These are the designs and measurements you asked for, so head down and get changed."

After a quick transition, Ochaco and Izuku walked out with the other students. All Might then began explaining the close combat. Villains will guard a nuclear weapon they intend on deploying and the heroes must stop their scheme. If the heroes capture the villains or reach the nuclear core before time runs out, they win. If the villains manage to keep the nuclear core for the whole time or they capture the heroes, they win.

Izuku looked at the surrounding buildings, made to look fragile and broken. All Might spoke up, "We'll be splitting into teams of two, so please come and pick from this box."

Students were selected, and of course, the worse had to come. "Ochaco and that orange hair girl, Kendo Itsuka, Vs Iida and Kacchan. This one will definitely be difficult." Ochaco walked over, conscious of his mutterings.

"Thinking of a plan?" Izuku stopped mumbling to admire her hero costume. A skin tight pink costume, with a helmet, almost reminiscent of an astronaut if their suit was bleached with the colored clothing. Meanwhile, he was only equipped with his typical hoodie, sweatpants, red boots.

"You might want to study with your teammate, she seemed quite pumped." Kendo was practicing some martial arts, wearing a blue gi and mask. Before she could walk over, Izuku grabbed her wrist. She looked up at him with intrigued eyes, waiting for him to speak. "Bakugo is dangerous, so I'm going to give you a few tips to help out. But I can't help out much, he's...stronger than me. Faster. Better. In this situation, I'm useless, but you'll have my support. Now go."

Ochaco felt her lips parted, a tight knot forming in her stomach. Ever since the kiss on her cheek, she couldn't help but feel like something more was growing, but she didn't want to pry. Something obviously happened, so she would wait for him to speak up about it.

"Hey Ochaco, you ready?" Kendo walked over, and Izuku casually fell into the background to give them time to talk. Every now and then, he would whisper tips in her ears. He glared at Bakugo and Iida as they walked by, Iida more talkative than Bakugo.

A buzzer rung, and the mission began. Izuku would run ahead to do reconnaissance, alerting Ochaco of empty hallways while Ochaco looked thoroughly at her surroundings. "The hallways are narrow, so we have to be cautious. Do you think your Big Fist will be enough to stop Bakugo?"

"Hopefully, I don't think my hands will be of any use against Iida's speed. Your floatiness and maneuverability would be our best bet."

"Thanks, you're pretty clever Kendo."