Chapter 5: Wasureta Gisei

Trigger Warning: Mentions of Blood and Murder, as well as Pregnancy.

Disclaimer: Ayame and Kenji Masashige are ORGINAL CHARACTERS, and their story is also ORIGINAL. Kintoru doesn't belong to me, she belongs to Muc, the creator of the game (you should know this). Ayame and Kenji are NOT CANON.

—————————

"My love, there's something dangerous that is roaming this land. I must go fight it to protect you, our daughter, and the people that inhabit this Earth. Promise me that you will watch over our daughter while I am gone. If I don't return when the sun rises, promise me that you won't let her get to you or our daughter. Don't become her pawn."

"I promise... be careful out there for me and your daughter."

"I will. I love you, and I will try my best to return to you soon."

"I love you too. Do not forget that."

—————————

That was the last interaction that she ever had with him.

This was a story that she heard many times before. There once was a fearless samurai, who was well respected and loved throughout Ancient Japan. He spent his life fighting and casting away evil deities with his blade in hand, one that emitted the white fire of hope that slayed the monsters that he encountered during his many missions. Japan was a better place to live because of his deeds, and for a while, everything was peaceful.

She could recite the next part without even trying to remember the story. She has seen it with her own eyes.

The sky that was once a brilliant blue turned into blood red. Instead of the laughter of children and the chatter of the folk that once filled the land, there were whimpers and screams. And laughter. Laughter that originated from the monsters that wreaked havoc amongst the Earth.

—————————

I'm sure that I don't have to tell the story again. It's a rather known tale around here. The samurai fights for 10 nights with his back unturned, sealing the beasts all around our Earth. Unfortunately, after sealing the last one away, he was never to be seen again. Your cousin seems to know the story, does she not?

Ah, so she told you. It would be much easier to explain then.

But this tale is not about him. No no no. This one tells the story of his wife, one that no one speaks about around here. I'm sure you're well aware of who you are, my dear reader. You come from him. Yet you know that he had one daughter. But how could you be his great grandson, if his daughter couldn't bear a child in the first place?

I will focus on your great grandmother dear reader. I want you to know of the origin of your bloodline. Your ancestors. It's who you are after all. I know all. From the honorable samurai to the insignificant pawn.

Let me not waste any more time. Allow me to continue.

—————————

Ayame Masashige would always watch from her window for the return of her beloved husband. Despite not being a samurai herself, she was well aware of the dangers that he faced daily. She faced a few of them herself. Her daughter even encountered a few of her own.

She would keep her promise to her husband. Everyday she took very good care of her beloved daughter. She would do the chores and play with dolls with her daughter. She would even style her hair. Most of all, she would comfort her daughter. Her daughter admired and loved her father very much. It hurt her to see him gone, out in danger. It hurt Ayame as well, though she knew he did it for the greater good.