Chapter 10: Ishi

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of Bullying and Yelling.

Balance.

Odd how some things could oppose each other, yet work in harmony.

Or well, it really depends on the person who works with them of course.

Take for instance, a piece of fabric and a sewing needle. Both are entirely different objects, one made of simple steel while the other is made by the silk of a spider.

How insensitive of me. I forget that you didn't really have the best interactions with spiders. Or did I? Either way, I apologize.

I want to talk about one of your ancestors, my dear reader. One that I'm sure you didn't think much of back in your adventure.

Do you recall a cave? Well, yes, you're right, you went into at least three caves.

Perhaps one that contained many copies of a statue?

Ah... I see you're remembering now. You gave her a name, right?

Her name was forgotten in history. Of course I have it somewhere in this vast library that I'm confined to, but for this story alone, we will call her by the name that you gave her.

I wish to tell the story of her plight. One that led to the downward spiral of suffering that she had to endure for centuries, before you came in and freed her from that curse.

Your other ancestors had quite the significant amount of light and attention bestowed upon them.

It's time we gave her that too, to fulfill her old desire and speak of her origins of her curtain of anger.

———————

She wasn't sure how long she had stood in those caves for.

She wasn't sure how long she had remained still in those caves for.

Time was... unique here in the place that she was confined to. However, much of her view was the same. She would have four perspectives that she could view from, all of which were constantly in view from within her mind. She could choose to focus on one, but try as she might, she can't force out the other three views out of her mind.

It gave her a headache.

She would rub her head and drink a nice cup of tea to soothe the ache, but she couldn't.

Plus, she wasn't sure if a rock could even consume anything, let alone drink something. She also wasn't sure how it would feel to rub her stone head across her stone head, since she could only move when a person was near.

A person made of flesh, blood, and bone.

Something that she was no longer made of.

She suddenly heard the sound of footsteps. For a moment she thought that it was a red herring, maybe the sounds of a scurrying animal that 魔女 would use to plant anxiety within her. It was always an illusion, yet she would always fall for it.

The 魔女 knew her weaknesses after all.

She didn't think much of it until one of her four views caught sight of a moving figure that was approaching her.

She felt a surge of panic, anxiety, sadness, and curiosity when he was merely feet away from her. She feared that she may harm him like how she did to that woman in her minka...

But she was also curious as to who would roam these caves and how they would get there.

The boy stood in front of her, and she tried to not attack him, using all of her willpower against the one who forced her stone body to move. Yet strangely, she didn't move. She didn't feel as if she was resisting against the 魔女's control.