ix - last chapter

[yes, this is the last chapter *sobs in the backseat* no smut but a lot of fluff. enjoy!]

"honest to god, zayn, i'm extremely tired now. can't we just go home now?" harry complained after having the pakistani boy drag him around the mall for the past almost three hours. this is not how he wanted the specific day to be like.

"i swear this is the last shop, harry. then we'll go back. promise."

"fine." harry huffed. there wasn't much he could do beside agreeing to this so he quietly followed his best friend into yet another shop, which will hopefully be the last one for the day.

zayn was looking through the shirts hung on display, taking extra time than he would normally. harry noticed but kept the thought to himself. he regretted agreeing to company zayn to the mall but the second later regretted thinking like that because zayn was his best friend.

"could you hurry up?" harry asked.

"sorry. nope." zayn shook his head, acting to be too engrossed in the shirts in front of him.

"you have a hundred shirts already. why feel the need for more?" harry asked feeling annoyed.

"just because." zayn shrugged. "this one looks nice." Zayn reached for a blue one. harry groaned is displeasure and thought zayn was probably not going to pay much mind to him at the moment so he decided to leave him be.

after another fifteen minutes in the shop, zayn had bought two shirts and they both were out of the shop.

"can we go home now, please. i really need to be home." harry practically begged.

"why in such a rush?" zayn asked, walking towards exit. harry looked at his mate in disbelieve. did he seriously just ask that question? he decided to not answer that, considering zayn wasn't too much caring about how harry wanted to be home.

they got into zayn's car after all the shopping bags were loaded in the backseat. zayn was quick enough to make a text before hopping in after harry. they drove off and zayn headed to harry's house, needing to drop him off.

the ride was silent but once they reached the destination, zayn stopped harry before the lad to could go out.

"what?" harry asked, confused.

zayn reached to the back seat and harry just waited. after finding the right bags, zayn brought them forward and handed them to harry. harry looked at them with confusion written all over his face.

"what? you think i'd forget your anniversary? bought it specially for you and louis. this one is yours, and this is louis'. tell him i said hi." zayn smiled and harry hugged him.

"thank you, zed. you didn't have to, you know?"

"no, no, i did. today is a very special day. more than ever before. i had too, trust me." zayn patted harry's back. "now get the hell out of my car. don't keep louis waiting."

harry laughed and got out after they exchanged their goodbyes. he walked to his door and pulled out the key to unlock it. he got in and locked the door behind him before he smelled something nice.

harry walked to the living room, placing the shopping bags on the sofa and headed to the kitchen where the aroma was coming from.

"lou?" he didn't know if louis was home or not.

"lou?" he entered the kitchen and stopped right on his tracks, with a small gasp.

in front of him was his dining table beautifully organized with cutlery for two to have dinner and a candle burning in the corner of the covered dish in the middle.