Just The Girl

Chapter Four- Just The Girl
Sonny's POV
"Why would I hate you? You're my best friend. Have you been fucking Someone?" I chuckled leaning against my desk.
"Yes." He says, no joking in his tone.
"One of my exes?" I asked him.
"Yes." He nodded.
"Fuck. It's Brenda isn't it?" I muttered without really thinking it through.
"What are you talking about? I was literally forced to marry Brenda. BY YOU!" He gave me an incredulous look.
"Carly. Carly, not Brenda." Jason rolled his eyes.
"Oh, Carly. That actually makes a lot of sense, I had my suspicions." I nodded.
"You did-wait why did you think I was talking about Brenda?" Jason shook his head.
"It's a-long story. It's obvious when you're in love, open book." I admitted, thinking back to when I started writing Brenda.
Lulu's POV
"I'm so proud of you." I looked at my boyfriend, hardly believing the progress he was making.
"Have you magically learned to cook too? I'm starving." Maxie complained, standing up from her chair.
"Cook for yourself." I rolled my eyes.
"Look I'm touched by all his progress but, I'm also hungry." Maxie crossed her arms.
"We've got microwaveable stuff in the fridge." I said not seeing the big deal, Maxie was generally a moody person but this was different.
"Are you pregnant?" I laughed, that was the first thing to come to mind.
"How did you know?" Maxie gasped.
"You left a pregnancy test in the trash." Johnny smirked.
"I was joking." I admitted, I looked at Johnny and we just started laughing.
"You guys aren't funny. I hate you." Maxie rolled her eyes, slipping on a jacket.
"Careful, don't slip on a dick!" I yelled after her.
"Screw you!" Maxie snapped.
"I plan to, thanks!" Johnny yelled, as the door slammed shut.
"Promise?" I smirked spinning in Johnny's direction.
"Always." He said picking me up in his arms and carrying me to our bedroom.
Maxie's POV
I hated the way Johnny and Lulu just had to show off, have some problems-what was I saying? All they had was problems...this was actually the first time they could slow down and just be with each other. Just because I was pregnant and alone didn't mean I should make everyone around me miserable.
"Hi, it's been awhile." Cooper Barrett smiled at me, standing in my path.
"Coop. Coop?" I questioned, slowly walking towards the boy I'd loved.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to get back to you..."