- s i x -

"Oh, are you awake?" Woo-sik reached near the bed and James nodded in yawning.

"What a boring place am I even staying?" He groaned and scratched his puffy face while the messy hair on his top made him funny.

"Did you find out about the old lady?" He looked up at his assistant and he responded with the food stuffed in his mouth. 

"Why are you eating like that.." He scrunched his nose in annoyance and Woo-sik swallowed in hunger. 

"Yeah, last night I told my guys to find her social media account and all." 

"Then?" 

"Then this morning they said they also found out her address." 

"ADDRESS?! How fast you are.." The boy widened his eyes with an agape mouth and Woo-sik smirked, being proud of himself.

"I will bring the papers this afternoon because you have to meet with the doctor once again."

"Can you also ask for me when can I leave the hospital-"

"Are you crazy? Just be patient for a few days." Woo-sik scolded and James lowkey motioned 'zipping the mouth' with his hand and he signed in pouted.

"I am so bored to death and I don't want to stay here. It's so dry and suffocating." He sent him a pout with cute glare and Woo-sik tried to avoid it and he knew that the boy was pulling out the final card.

"Nope."

"Why?!?!" James shouted and Woo-sik kept on shaking his hand. The two best friends were used to being annoyed with each other and it was like their main reason to strengthen their friendship.

"Then let's go to the path." The boy who was buried with a thick blanket said in sulk and Woo-sik agreed this time.

The guys reached the path and Woo-Sik pushed moving James' wheelchair and James looked pretty excited for the view.

"Um. James." Woo-sik called him.

"What." He heard the disrespectful reply and Woo-sik lifted his glasses to his nose bridge and swallowed a nervous lump.

"You remember that today is Uncle Lee's birthday." He said he noticed James went frozen and his smile loosened.

"Y-yeah but I can't go to the grave because I am here." He replied like he wasn't feeling anything inside though Woo-sik knew him better than himself. He patted Lee's shoulder and the boy gave attention to it.

"I will tell your sister about it-"

"No. Don't. They won't even remember today is dad's birthday."

His eyes lit and he clenched his taut jaw as Woo-sik sighed and was sympathetic for his best friend who was being ignored by his whole family since his father's death and lived alone in his old mansion where his parents and he lived happily together.

Poor him couldn't even know that all the care by his mother was just because of his father and money.

"Forget it. Just make sure about the old lady." James left the boy standing in the way and he rode his wheel with his hands to the front. Then Woo-sik sighed again.

●●●

That was Mieon, walking on the dry fiery  road with around two tote bags in her grip. Eyes were only looking to the ground and she wouldn't care anyone to bump into her.

Her long hair was shuttered her view as it also covered her sobbing reddish face.
All she was feeling was sad and stressed out of their lives.

As the deep thoughts were displaying, she accidentally was tripped by the rock and fell on the ground as her bags were dropped beside her laying so badly and making her extra gloomy.

All the eyes gave her attention and she started crying out loud as she sat up with the thing. Her knee was stained with blood and Mieon rubbed her tears away with her painful palms. She just wanted to get disappeared without any problems.

She kept on walking under the heavy dark grey turning sky alone. She looked like a 30s lady as James told her that morning who seemed heartbroken.

Her lips were dry and almost cracked by the hot weather as she glanced at a cafe then remembered of her little brother, Seo-eon, her half soul that she would even give her life for him. 

The girl cried again of how pitiful her brother was, very guilty of him for having a jobless sister, and couldn't even defend herself enough. Cursed herself about how bad she was, she should have begged for more chances, just for her brother.

The poor girl choked in salty hot tears and her nose was blocked to breathe and she wiped her painful face skin as she finally reached her house. 

Standing front of the door and recovering herself while faking a smile. She decided to act fine for him. 

"Noona!" The door abruptly opened by Seo-eon made Mieon jump and saw his pure gummy smile displayed. "What are you doing? *gasp* Cake!!!" The kid saw a parcel of cake that she was holding with her bags altogether. 

"Come! I can't wait for the cake."  Then Seo snatched the food from her and she smiled at him as the boy giggled in innocent joy. Subsequently, Mieon walked into the house and the moment made her chest heavy after she knew that he cleaned the household when she wasn't at home, Mieon pressed the lips not to blurt out a moan as she wiped the continuous tears falling. 

"I am so sorry." She whispered. 

A/n; This chapter is so boring ikr. I am actually traumatized by the news of my exam. Someone please come help my lessons.