𝟶𝟸 ☾ 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

𝟶𝟸

Jimin was a great person, Taehyung really thought so.

From the first time they met, two freshmen frightened by the greatness of the university and who perhaps and only perhaps got lost on campus (this was a secret detail, no one had to know), there had been a special connection.

Taehyung couldn't explain it, but he was sure that if any god existed, then they had made sure that he and Jimin could meet. He had never, ever known a person with whom he had been so in tune from the beginning.

It'd been beautiful. Jimin understood Taehyung with one glance, and Taehyung understood Jimin at one glance. Platonic soulmates, that's how they defined themselves.

Jimin was his eternal star, which illuminated Taehyung's sky and without which he would have been lost in the confusion of the world, sometimes too large and chaotic.

Still, there were certain things that Taehyung just couldn't explain lately, and Jimin certainly didn't help him.

Strange behaviors, long silences.

Taehyung had immediately asked Jimin if it was because he spent too much time with Seojun and felt ignored, but Jimin replied that it was not that, that indeed he was happy for him, for the two of them. Taehyung believed it. He knew when Jimin was lying. He wasn't lying when he told him those words, yet something was wrong. Something was wrong and Jimin refused to admit it, to talk about it with Taehyung.

He had mentioned some misunderstanding with Yoongi, a pale boy with bleached, mint-colored hair, whom Jimin had met at a piano course that the university had offered to students with good grades.

Taehyung didn't know much about Yoongi, to tell the truth. Because Jimin didn't talk about him in that way.

They had met around the same time that Taehyung and Seojun had started dating, so for the first few months Taehyung hadn't realized he was spending less time than usual with Jimin, and Jimin hadn't told him anything, he hadn't complained because he had found Yoongi, a new company.

Taehyung wasn't jealous, he knew that Jimin wouldn't replace him. He was just... curious.

He heard so much about Yoongi, how good he was, how intelligent he was, yet sarcastic but never offensive. Jimin had painted him as an extraordinary person with sharp humor, for a few people, with a golden heart. Taehyung wanted to know him. But when he told Jimin about it, Jimin replied that one day he would let him meet, but that day hadn't come.

A bit like Seojun's parents. Taehyung was beginning to doubt that he looked bad, that he was making a bad first impression, as no one ever wanted him to meet new people. People who were important to them, but still.

The fact was that Jimin hadn't been well lately. Taehyung had noticed it, but he didn't tell Jimin explicitly. He would answer that everything was always fine, Taehyung knew he was like that. He never complained, even when he should have. He had never seen him angry, although he sometimes pretended to be annoyed by Taehyung, Taehyung knew he never really was. But Taehyung wanted Jimin to complain if that was what he needed. Repressing sadness, anger, or disappointment, whatever the feeling Jimin had towards Yoongi in those moments, Taehyung would have liked it f Jimin told him about it.

Friends were made for that. Taehyung would listen to Jimin, he would always do so.

Instead, Jimin preferred to stifle any remorse or emotion in alcohol. Taehyung had been dragged into more clubs and nightclubs than he could remember in recent weeks, every Saturday night.