𝟶𝟻 ☾ 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 (𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘)

𝟶𝟻

Jeongguk was sitting on the floor, his legs disappearing under the table.

Taehyung was only able to see him from the waist up. He was between the legs of another boy, a brown-haired guy who was sitting on the couch, crushed by other guys around him. The stranger was also looking at Taehyung as if he knew him.

A flash of recognition went through Taehyung's mind like a bolt from the blue, because fuck, that was the same guy Taehyung had seen the first time he met Jeongguk. The one with whom Jeongguk had walked away while Taehyung and Seojun had watched them disappear.

Taehyung quickly looked away.

Mentally ill. Seojun's words echoed in Taehyung's mind. Was Jeongguk mentally ill? He seemed perfectly fine, more than fine – but mental illnesses weren't always obvious, recognizable. Taehyung knew that the majority of the people who were mentally ill and diagnosed were supposed to take meds. Jeongguk couldn't smoke nor drink if he took them, but he did both of these things. Was Taehyung supposed to listen to Seojun's words?

It was strange and weird when she told him all of Jeongguk's problems. Taehyung didn't know what to believe, who to believe. Was it disrespectful not to trust his girlfriend?

"Taehyung. Let's go the fuck out-" Shouted Jimin, trying to be louder than the music.

"Guys! We meet, finally!" Hoseok appeared from behind a flood of people walking. His smile was so bright that Taehyung found himself almost disturbed. Taehyung couldn't tell if he was just drunk, or also high. "Jin went upstairs with the same girl from the previous week."

Jimin merely stared at him. Taehyung noticed his hands were shaking. He wasn't going to speak, so Taehyung took the lead. "Yeah. Cool to see ya, man. Amazin' party, by the way. We were just going to grab something to drink. See you around?"

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, no. It's a total mess there. Yoongi brought the alcohol to his table."  He gestured at the table and Taehyung almost forced down his arm. He didn't dare to turn around. "Come with me, I'll present you with the best people ever."

Taehyung looked at Jimin, looking for help, hoping he would say something, anything. But Jimin was mute, his lips reduced to a fine line. "Alright, then."

Hoseok smiled and led them to the table. When Taehyung looked up, he found himself in front of Jeongguk's interested gaze. Taehyung only realized at that moment that Jeongguk didn't know he would be there.

His friend's eyes closely followed Taehyung and Jimin until they were in front of the table. Taehyung didn't miss Yoongi's surprised and perplexed expression at seeing Jimin. But Jimin wasn't looking at him.

"Hi, guys!" Greeted Hoseok, sitting on the ground around the still-free part of the table and beckoning Taehyung and Jimin to do the same. Jimin didn't need to be told twice and dropped himself like dead weight on the rug. Taehyung looked around, hopeless, and sat next to Jimin. In front of Jeongguk's questioning gaze.

"They are Taehyung and Jimin from Economy. They are-"

"Jeongguk." Jeongguk's tone was stable, loud above the music. He pronounced his name louder than it was necessary. Taehyung looked up, observing Jeongguk with a hooded gaze. "My name's Jeongguk."

Taehyung felt his muscles stiffen under Jeongguk's playful gaze. Jeongguk didn't look away from Taehyung's eyes even when he took a long drag from the cigarette. Taehyung swallowed. Hoseok laughed. "Yeah, he's Jeongguk, a friend of mine. Taehyung and Jimin are Seokjin's friends, don't know if you know him."