𝟶𝟼 ☾ 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 (𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎)

𝟶𝟼

Jeongguk looked up at him when Taehyung opened the bathroom door.

Jeongguk had lit a cigarette – another, Taehyung thought but said nothing about it. He was holding it with a soft grip, almost as if he didn't want to smoke, yet he found himself doing it. Taehyung could understand it.

The bathroom was cramped. There was no room for many people. The large shower occupied almost the entire bathroom, and the rest of the furniture did the rest. Jeongguk was sitting above the sink, his arms crossed, clenched in the wool sweater he was wearing. Taehyung noticed that it contrasted with the lower part of his outfit, so short and so summery-looking.

But Jeongguk was all a contrast. Taehyung thought it was one of the many things that made him attractive.

Taehyung closed the door behind him, tracing the cold surface of the handle with his fingers before letting it go altogether. The door closed behind him with a dull thud. Jeongguk gave no sign of hearing it. He raised an eyebrow and smiled.

"Don't ask me why, but I thought you would accept the weed." Jeongguk laughed easily. Taehyung simply stared at him, frozen. He didn't know why he was there. Jeongguk didn't seem surprised though. "Everyone does it. You surprised me."

Taehyung's breathing stopped. He took a few steps but kept his distance between him and Jeongguk. "I'm trying to quit. I thought you had said the same thing."

Jeongguk's grip on the cigarette strengthened. "At least I said I had never been able to do that."

Taehyung wetted his lips, gently. Jeongguk's gaze followed his movement. "Did I?"

Jeongguk hummed, thoughtfully. Then, he smiled softly. Taehyung felt cornered. "You have a point, don't you?" After a few moments of silence – Taehyung dared not say anything – Jeongguk spoke again. "How did you know I'd be there?"

He was playing dumb. Of course, he was. Taehyung should've imagined it. Jeongguk was playing, and maybe he wanted Taehyung to play too.

Alcohol, weed, sex.

Parties were like that. Strangers who fucked strangers, boys who fucked girls, girls who fucked girls. Boys who fucked boys. Taehyung shook his head. "Why are you asking me this question?"

"Jeez," Jeongguk mumbled, looking somewhat tired, somewhat offended. Taehyung approached him until there were only a few steps between them. Jeongguk arched an eyebrow. "It's not like I'm asking you to give me your bank account information."

Taehyung knew this. But he still had this feeling of having to be on guard, cautious – Jeongguk was unpredictable, and the word dangerous crossed Taehyung's mind like a bolt from the blue sky. Seojun's words had not yet left his mind, even though more than three days had passed.

Looking at Jeongguk at that moment, with his black hair falling into messy curls on his face, the sweater leaving half his shoulder uncovered, discovering the exposed collarbones, and the way he was sitting, as if the room belonged to him, made Taehyung think of anything but what Seojun described to him.

But it couldn't be ruled out, and Seojun had no reason to lie to him. It would've been rude to ask Jeongguk directly, so Taehyung didn't say a word about it.