Chapter 5

"I'm out man, I'm out."

"Oh, come on man, It's only... 2AM!" Alex Shelley yelled after the large samoan man as he retreated up the stairs toward his bedroom. Petey and EY were out by midnight, not up for a big night of drinking. Jay had called his girl and fallen asleep on the couch in the basement, and Sonjay was passed out- Pants-less, I might add on the floor. All that was left now was Ava, Alex, and Chris. They were all around the dining table, rugged up in jumpers and blankets and passing around a bottle of vodka. To keep warm, of course.

"Okay-" Alex almost dropped the bottle, but recovered it with as much poise and grace a man with half a bottle in him could. "-Truth, or dare." He pointed his finger in Ava's direction. Eyes half closed she answered, "Truth." Chris asked the question before Alex even had time to collect his drunken thoughts. "You and Joe? You know, you ever-" Chris wiggled his eyebrows, causing Ava to throw her head back in laughter before covering her mouth and quieting down, trying to be as ladylike as possible.

"No, no! God no!" She giggled, passing the bottle to Chris. He shrugged, mumbling a 'just asking' before taking another swig. "Alright. Truth or dare, B-romeo?" Alex grinned in the direction of his tag partner. "Dare." Chris smiled back. "I dare everyone to drink!" Alex yelled with arms raised triumphantly in the air. Chris took a drink, then Ava, then Alex.

"Truth or dare, Babybear?" Alex smirked at the name. "Dare, bitch." He grinned. Ava laughed. "Dare ya to write your name in the snow." She grinned. Alex fained shock, placing a hand to his heart. Ava-delina Williams. Are you actually asking me to expose myself in the negatie thousand degree weather outside to write my name in the snow, for your own sick amusement? How dare you." Ava and Chris exchanged an amused look, trying not to laugh.

"Actually. I gotta pee." Alex said, getting up from the table and running out the door. The pair watched in amausement as Alex un-zipped his pants and proceeded to leave his mark.

"You've been especially quiet this evening, Mr. Sabin..." Chris pulled his eyes away from his best friend who was seeming to have difficulty with the X in his name and looked over to Ava, who was staring right back at him. "Oh really? Have I?" She nodded. He shrugged, pouring a new round into the three shot glasses sitting in the center of the table. "I guess your just terrible conversation." He smiled smugly, lowering his voice and leaning closer to her. She smirked. She bit back a reply. I'm good at alot of other stuff with my mouth, let me show you...

"Well, what do you want to talk about?" She asked, leaning in just a little bit. "Although, talking isn't really what I'm interested in-"

"Geeze, I leave for thirty seconds and your all ready to get your mack on!" Alex laughed, running back into the house, closing the door behind him. Chris leaned back into his seat and coughed, trying to breathe regularly. "Sit down, Shelley." Ava half mumbled, half groaned.

"Okay! Who's next!" Alex grinned, clapping his hands together. "Sabintron! Truth or dare!" Chris stretched his arms above his head, not even thinking about it. "truth." The second it was out of his mouth he regretted it.

"What really happened with you and Taylor?"
Chris looked to Alex for help, a sign, something!

"That's my cue, folks." Alex smiled, slapping his best friend on the back before leaving the room, going to sleep on the couch in the den. Chris looked back to Ava who was still staring right at him. Fuckin' Alex. She crossed her arms, smiling at how obviously uncomfortable he was.

"Hmmmm... What really happened?"
"I've heard a couple of things..."
"From-"
"Everyone..."

Chris swallowed, his voice ready to crack from nervousness alone. "Uh." "You know if you don't tell the truth you have to drink double, Christopher."
"We- Uh. We." Ava bit her lip, she had to admit she enjoyed seeing him squirm, in a totally non sexual way of course.

He sighed, there was no way out this time. "We fucked."

Her eyes went wide. She wasn't expecting that kind of honesty.

"Oh?"
"Once. Just once. It was like her second, third night or something... She said she always wondered what I was like... Watching me on TV. One thing led to another. The rest is history." He said, scratching the back of his neck. "Wooooooow."

Prolly not something the girl your really, really, really hoping to get with in the next two to three hours is happy to hear.
"I don't usually do that kind of thing. She just thought we were gonna get married or some shit, I had to get out of there."

He sighed, regretting the night allllll over again.
"Look, Ava I'm not that kind-"
She began to laugh, this heartwarming laugh that really calmed him down. She reached over, placing her hand on top of his. "Chris, chill out. I just wanted the goss." She grinned. He took a deep breath, letting it out slow from relief.

He smiled and nodded, before throwing back his shot. "I think we should probably go to sleep now, before you think of any other embarrassing story's to pull out of me." Chris stood, wobbling a bit. She laughed at him, standing up with all the grace and balance in the world. She sure could hold her drink.

"I think you're right, Mr. Sabin."
"You gotta stop calling me that. It's driving me insane."
She grinned at the raunchiness of his slurr.

"You're downstairs?" She asked.
"Yeah, in the den. With Alex. Separate beds though, we're not into that."
She laughed slightly, slipping her hands into the pockets of her jeans.
"Your upstairs? Spare bedroom?" He asked. She nodded.

"Allrighty then, I guess I'll see you in-"
Before he could say another word, she kissed him. Nothing major, just a peck on the lips. But enough to shut him up.

She pulled back, grinning. Knowing he was totally wrapped around her finger. She could see it on his face, he wanted her. She loved it.
He smiled down at her.

"Night, Sabi-"
He didnt let her finish this time, placing a hand either side of her face to pull her face to his.
Planting possibly the most electric kiss of her life on her mouth. He lingered, drawing circles on her cheeks with his thumbs. He pulled back, grinning at the gobsmacked look on her face. "That-" Chris smiled, walking backwards away from her. "Is how you say goodnight."

Once he had dissapeared down the stairs she touched a hand to her lips, eyes still wide.
"You're just full of suprises, aren't you Sabin?"