Chapter 19

"Nervous?" Ava asked. Chris looked away from the mirror to his girlfriend. "Not at all." He smiled, placing down the electric razor. Ava sat on the bathroom counter of the hotel, next to the mirror as she watched Chris get ready for his match. He took a step to be standing in between her legs. He handed her a small green pot of hair gel and she smiled, opening it and taking a small amount onto her fingers.

"Not even a little?" She asked, parting his hair for him- beginning to style it. He lay both hands flat on her jean covered thighs. "I'm gonna start getting nervous if you keep asking me." She giggled, "Sorry." He leaned in for a kiss. "S'okay, how am I lookin?" He asked, turning back to the mirror.

She laughed at the pout he pulled, checking out his hair. "You're so vain." He grinned at her, "Takes alot of time to look this good ya know?" She laughed again as he began peppering kisses over her shoulders. Chris glanced at his watch. "Dang, gotta get changed." He turned, grabbing his bag. "You gonna give me some privacy?"

Ava bit down on her bottom lip, big brown eyes staring right at him, shaking her head back and forth and kicking her legs in mid air. "Nope." He laughed, getting his stuff together. He slid off his shirt, "Dayummm" Ava grinned at him. He threw his head back, laughing. "Did you just day 'dayummm?'" She began to laugh too, realizing how stupid it sounded.

She covered her mouth laughing, she had this laugh- It was infectious to him. It was raspy, and giggly and she would snort if something was especially funny. and she didn't care. and he fucking loved it.

Chris stopped dead in his tracks. He fucking loved her.
"You okay babe?" She asked, jumping off the counter, brushing past him.

He stuttered for a moment. "Yeah. I think I am."