Escape

The two most popular students and enemies were spotted together under the bleachers. This news spread like covid, everyone was aware of this. It was the next day after that event.

Taylor was walking on the school campus, besides Joe. But neither of them were really aware of it. They were lost in their own thoughts. Or you can say, flaunting themselves. Nor did they notice everyone's eyes following the two of them.

"Taylor, Joe, you are friends now?" One boy shouted.

"Oh no, now what drama are we gonna get if these two aren't enemies anymore?" A girl said, loud enough to intrrupt Taylor and Joe from their thoughts.

Both of them looked at each other. Taylor gasped, "Oh my god, ew, ew!!" She moved aside from him, slightly stroking her shoulder. Joe sneered, "Oh god, what? Friends with her? I'd rather be friends with the lunch lady than with her" And moved away.

"There's our busy bee!" Cheered Selena, one of her best friends who walked close to Taylor with Abigail and hugged Taylor as she walked into the school building.

"Hey guys, how are you?" Taylor rejoiced as the three of them Walked towards their lockers.

"First tell me, I'm so happy you and Joe and no more enemies!" Abigail chimed.

"Yeah, like under the bleachers? That's definitely something friends only do with each other. Like I've never seen enemies sitting under the bleachers together!" Said Selena, excited for Taylor's response.

Taylor stopped in between the corridor and declared, "Shush both of you. I can never ever be friends with him. Just see who you are talking about" Selena and Abigail's smiles turned into an instant frown. But they still tried to keep their cool.

"Okay, fine. We'll never say that now. But how will you stop the whole school to talk about this?" Abigail warned Taylor. She was right. The whole school was talking about them.

"Wait till someone finds a pregnancy test in the school dust bin. It'll all drift away" Taylor rolled her eyes. Selena and Abigail laughed and the three of them continued to walk.

Joe straight away headed to his friends, who were hanging out bullying their juniors.

"Hey, enough now. So early in the morning. At least let their day get started" Joe insisted his pals to stop bullying the kid. He never really encouraged bullying, thinking it's just a waste of time. And also, why to bother little kids.

"Hey dude" Ricky gave Joe an up-top. He shifted his gaze to the kid and commanded, "Hey you, you can go. But it isn't over yet" The kid nodded his head in fear and ran away.

"You did my chemistry work Luke?" Joe's eyes then met his friend Luke. He gave him a strong hug and asked if he did his work, because Joe didn't bother to do it.

"Oh yeah, your chem work. I've done it" Luke took his bag and opened its zipper. He pulled out Joe's notebook and handed it over to him. Joe took it and kept it in his back pack. Luke looked at him enquiringly and then asked, "Won't you check the work?"

"Nah, I trust you..... Wait, you've done the work, right?" Joe said carefree.

"Maybe....." Luke side eyed Joe which made him worried.

"Okay forget it. First tell me, you and Taylor. Look who's becoming friends now" Ricky smacked Joe's shoulder playfully.

"Seriously guys? Don't you know it? I can barely hold my puke when I see her face. And you're talking about friends? Come on" Joe said with a hint of sarcasm and hatred towards Taylor.

"Haha, now I know it's nothing" Luke and Ricky laughed and Joe joined them.

While on the way to the class, Joe saw Rebecca, his girlfriend, following Mr. Pritchett, who was the head of the cultural committee. Without thinking about anything, he chased her and called her name.