Chapter 2: The Quest Begins

Time's POV

Everything was so strange. Annabeth had to explain everything about the 'modern world'. At this point, I'd rather be back with the chain. However, it's as Hylia willed it- at least, that's what I assume. How could it be anything not? It was by her portal, right?

I was taught briefly about how everything worked in this world. Percy pointed out everything that went past. After about 10 miles, Percy decided to comment.

"So far, so good. 10 miles and not a single monster," he said.

"Don't jinx us," Annabeth scolded with a glare. "Saying things like that are bad luck."

"Remind me- why do you hate me so much?" Percy grumbled.

"I don't hate you." Annabeth answered.

"Could've fooled me," Percy answered.

"Is it because of the rivals thing?" I asked.

"Yes." Annabeth answered.

"What rivals?" Percy asked.

As Annabeth explained, I let my gaze drift out the window. I could name a couple things. Macdonalds, etc. I was getting better at this.

~~~

Percy's POV

I got Time to play Hacky Sack with us. Once he knew how to play, he and Annabeth dominated the field. The game ended when I threw the apple to Grover, and it got a bit too close to his mouth...

...

You could probably tell what happened then.

Finally, the bus arrived. Grover looked worried, sniffing the air.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It might be nothing," Grover answered. "Let's get inside."

Though I was worried, I got inside.

We all found seats at the back of the bus. However, it looked like even Time looked on edge. As the last people got on, Annabeth tapped me.

"Percy," she warned.

I looked to where her gaze was. Three old ladies, looking very familiar. One I knew very well.

"Mrs Dodds," I answered softly.

They sat in the front, behind the driver. Their leg crossing made it clear. We were trapped. I glanced at time. His mind seemed to be working fast. His hand jerked to his pocket for a moment.

"We need more time to think," was all he said. "No. Not now."

That was confusing, but he didn't elaborate.

After a little bit of driving, Mrs Dodds got up.

"I need to use the restroom," she said.

"Me too," the other two said together.

They started to head down the aisle.

"I've got it." Annabeth said. "Percy, take my hat."

"What?" 

"You're the one they want. Turn invisible. You might be able to escape." Annabeth said.

"It's a good idea," Time said. "I'll do something similar, cover you."

"But-" 

"There's an outside chance they might not notice us," Annabeth argued.

I felt like a huge coward, but I put on the cap. I didn't see Time. I just kept on going. I got to the front, and I was about to press the emergency stop button, when I heard hideous wailing. I turned around.