Chapter 3: Complications

The shower was running. It has been running for about 30 minutes. Naoto was standing under it feeling the pain as the water was gliding against his wounds.

He was taking a cold shower, no, you could even call it an ice shower. His body was weak, and he never went through any hard conditions for his body, so he wasn't used to getting hurt or freezing.

As he was standing in the shower, all that was going through his mind were those sentences that Nagatoro said.

"Hah, i might just do this..." he thought to himself. There were two bathrooms in Naoto's house. One that his parents used, and the other one that was only his.
In the bottom drawer in the corner of the bathroom was a double edged knife. It was small, but it was never used, so it was extremely sharp.

At this point Naoto was a literal threat to himself. He finished showering, trembling from the ice cold water. He stood under that shower for 30 minutes. Not even somebody who's used to it would last that long. It seemed that Naoto didn't feel like he would freeze because the pain from the wounds was in his mind.

He stepped out of the shower, changed his clothes and went to the corner of the bathroom, pulled the bottom drawer. And removed everything that was there.

On the bottom of the drawer was the blade he was looking for. He's never done it, but he thought that cutting might make him feel more at ease.

He looked at the mirror, his face full of stiches and wounds. He was definetly doing this. He wanted to make himself stronger, physicaly and mentaly.

But the insults that Nagatoro to his face were stronger than his ambition to get stronger.

He put the blade against his arm, he made sure not to cut any veins, and than, he pulled the knife.

Useless, creep, virgin, disgusting, weird.

Without realising, Naoto made 20 cuts on his arm. It was way more than he planned. He got carried away. He didn't even thing about how much and how hard he was cutting, he was only thinking about all the things Nagatoro did to him.

"Shit, this hurts." he thought to himself as he instantly pulled the knife away and started to clean the blood that was dripping from his arm.

"I wonder what Nagatoro is doing now. Nevermind, why would i care. She hurt me and did all those bad things, and i won't ever forgive her for that."

Naoto made sure to cover all the wounds he had on his body, including those on his face. He was planning to go to shcool tomorow, so he had to do something about those wounds.

"Huh, Kena is probably still in school. I wonder if they even noticed that I'm not there."

In reality, Kena was Naoto's only friend in that class. Naoto liked Kena as a friend, and she meant a lot to him because she actualy respected him for who he was. Naoto gave a thought about having a crush on Kena, but Nagatoro was all up in his mind. Things were different now. He wasn't friends with Nagatoro anymore.

He thought she respected him as well, but she proved that wrong. Whatsoever, she proved the completely opposite of what he thought she saw him for.

Naoto had no plans to speak to Nagatoro anymore. In fact, he was emotionaly unstable. He couldn't admit the fact that his crush made fun of him. And getting beat up at the same day made him feel even more mentaly unstable.

He knew he had to go to school tommorow, he had no choice.

Naoto cleaned up and went to his room, as he was about to lie down on his bed, his phoje ringed. He got a message.