AFTERWORD

So there are three things I wanna talk about. Let's start with this story.

Initially, I intended to follow Koko's adventures across the United States, but I quickly realized I wouldn't have the time or the motivation to commit so much to a story like that. So I decided to focus solely on Koko's return to Safe Haven (hence the name) and how he'd adjust to the new state of the city. I also focused a bit more effort on kicking off his and MacKenzie's relationship, which will indeed cause tension between him and the rest of Safe Haven (and, of course, with Addison when they meet again [see the ending of "Prodigal"]).

Second, the name "Phineas" (in the Epilogue) might ring some bells, if you know a little something about Gale/Mirage. In the original storyline for "ZooPhobia", he was Mirage's right-hand-man and unrequited lover (although she did pretend to care about him). That should give you a little insight into what part he might play in the upcoming story.

Finally, I finally got to introduce one of my favourite discarded characters from "ZooPhobia" lore: Addison's missing twin sister Veronika

For those who don't know, Veronika was a character who was supposed to be introduced alongside Addison as one of his best friends, but was later changed by vivziepop into his twin sister to, in her own words, make it more "interesting"

In this reality, Veronika will not be a schoolgirl or a helpful twin sister or anything like that. She is a dangerous experiment with primordial DNA and a penchant for bloody murder—and I mean that literally. Her anomalous abilities and unshakeable allegiance to the Saved will make her more than a handful for the heroes.

The next story will be focused around her and Phineas. We'll be tying up some loose ends dealing with the Faithful and Saved, like how Cthylla originally escaped and how the Saved continues to function openly despite their destructive activity. Don't blink—we're about to kick it up a notch.

As usual, thanks to vivziepop and dollcreep for the characters, concepts, settings, etc.

Next up: "P O W E R : R A D I C A L"! (Coming 1/12/22)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"K O K O : R E T U R N" was written from May 7, 2021 to May 12, 2021.