Antonio's Night

I woke up with the morning sun shining in my eyes. I yawned and stretched hitting my night stand as I always do every morning since I was young. I stood up from my bed, waking up some of my creations in the process. I changed into my dark green ruana with my usual black undershirt and black paints then I slipped on my sandals. I looked into a body mirror in my room, and slightly smiled. It was Antonio's 5th birthday, he was getting his gift today. I always watched Antonio from a distance, never really got to know him but I hope I do in the future. Some of the creations disappeared on my command only keeping the rats and that cat I made, his name is Rio.

I walked out of my room, the rats running out of my room scurrying around out of my sight, Rio peacefully walked out with a big stretch. I walk down to the dining area to see some still drowsy family members walk towards the table. I hear some "Good mornings." and some "Buenos días." I walk into the kitchen to see my tía Julieta finishing up in the kitchen.

"Good morning tía." I said to her,

"Good morning Oscar!" My tía said back to me with a smile on her face.

"Thank you for making the food." I said softly with a small smile.

"No need to thank me, come on, you probably just woke up, let's go eat." My tía said, pushing me out of the kitchen into the dining room.

I sat down where I usually sit to eat.

(I didn't want to explain where everyone was sitting so I made a this, ignore the bad quality lol)

On the table there was: arepa with cheese, pericos eggs, rib broth, tamale, changua, calentado and cayeye. It looked delicious, I couldn't wait to dig in. Once everyone sat down at the table, Abuela gave one of her speeches again, but this time I was interested because it was about Antonio's gift ceremony. Everyone was Excited about today.

"We all know today is Antonio's 5th birthday, meaning he will be having his gift ceremony today." Abuela said calmly while Antonio was sitting with nervousness in his eyes. "We need to prepare for the ceremony. We need to get organized and decorate the Casa. Some of the people from the town will help as well –" Abuela continued to talk about the preparations for Antonio's ceremony.

After Abuela's talk everyone started to eat. Once everyone was done eating we all stood up, Casita took the dirty dishes to the sink. Everyone started going their separate ways doing their own thing.

I saw Maribel leaving the house, maybe she went to get other stuff for Antonio's gift ceremony, so I didn't think much of it.

I sighed and went to my room to grab some chalk, I came back sliding down the stairs and walked out to the middle area of the house. It was a bit empty because some of my family members still had stuff to do for the town. I drew a cart on the floor, on my command my eyes blinked green and the image disappeared and turned into an actual cart standing in front of me. I grabbed a banner that said Antonio's name on it and put it inside the cart along with other decorations that are on the floor and put them into the cart. (String banners, streamers, etc.)