The Aftermath

HELLO! sorry it took so long for another chapter, I was originally gonna put this chapter off a couple days but then I ended up forgetting about it and lost motivation but I got that motivation back! 

Also for the next chapter idk if I'm gonna write them doing the singing because I don't know how to write something like that so I might just write them as if they were normally talking and not singing. And if anyone has tips on that it would be great if you shared but if not the next chapter will be a bit off.  

ENJOY!!!

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – 

Abuela told the kids plus Isabela and Dolores to go to our rooms for the meantime while the adults 'talked'.

At the base of the stairs I tried to look for Rio but then I remembered that he disappeared along with my other creations. A small frown appeared on my face as I made my way up the stairs. I stood in front of the painting, staring at it intensely. Should I...?

"Oscar!" I turned around to see who called out to me. It was Tia Julieta, I guess the adults had a small conversation.

"Yes?" I said softly.

"We need to find Mirabel, can you tell the others to help?" She asked me, looking worried.

"Sure." I replied walking off to try to look for Mirabel. I should've asked my creation where the other rats were going before it disappeared. I sighed heavily and walked over to Antonio's door and knocked on it.

"Hey Oscar!" Antonio opened the door with a smile.

"Hey Antonio, Tia needs our help to find Mirabel. Can you help?" I asked him.

"Sure!" He said he went back inside his room. I guess he went to go see his animals? Not sure.

I walked away, So I guess we can still sort of use our gifts still.

I saw Camilo walking out of Tia Pepa's room.

"Oh hey Oscar." Camilo said, closing the door.

"Tia wants us to look for Mirabel." I told him quietly.

"Okay I'll try my best." Camilo said with a reassuring smile and thumbs up. I nodded then Camilo walked downstairs.

I didn't bother asking Isabela or Dolores, because Isabela is most likely upset about her proposal being ruined and Dolores might have a killer headache from dinner. Her poor ears. :(

I went to my room, when I opened the door I half expected Rio to come flying in or out my room until I remembered,.. he disappeared. I walked in closing the door behind me and grabbed the chalk from the nearby table. I drew a small rat on the table, my eyes blinked green and a rat appeared.

"Go try and find Mirabel." I commanded, but it didn't listen. I sighed frustrated. The rat started running off, before it got far I made it disappear. I tried again but it failed. What if I made Rio again?! I quickly started to draw him. My eyes blinked green but the drawing didn't change. Rio just stayed a drawing, (no Rio my beloved 😭) I guess I can't make anything bigger than a rat. I had to try and find Mirabel without my creations.

I sit on the floor of my room and look up at the ceiling, trying to brainstorm some way to find her. I lay back with my hands under my head as I see fake tiny stars dancing on the ceiling. Not all the magic is lost... I end up zoning out for a while until my mind gets interrupted by yelling outside.