The Next Morning

I was in a big field, there was only grass, no flowers. I couldn't see any trees but only mountains in the far distance. It was a calm and peaceful place, it made me relax. I didn't know where I was so I looked around and I saw a figure getting closer and closer to me, it was hard to make out who it was but with every second they got closer I could see who it was now.... Papa? My eyes widened. I started running towards him as fast as I could but it was like he was getting farther away but he was walking towards me, all of a sudden I felt something on my face.

"GAH-!" I shouted while sitting up. It was a dream.

I looked around my room panicked, Rio was sitting on my chest, I'm guessing he was trying to wake me up.

"Oh, Rio... Um, good morning." I said to the cat patting his head, he just meowed in response as he got off my chest now sitting on the bed.

I get out of bed with a yawn, Rio jumps off of the bed and goes stand on the table near the door waiting for me. I changed into my usual clothes and opened the door, Rio walked out heading into a different direction to where I was going. I walked downstairs and looked outside where the patio was, there was a table near the patio door with food on it.

"Good morning Oscar!" Tia Julieta said out of nowhere which startled me. "We're eating outside this morning," She handed me a plate and guided me outside towards the table. "Take some food we'll start eating in a bit."

"Good morning- uh okay." She quickly left, guess she had stuff to do.

I started putting stuff on my plate deciding what I want to eat. I see Dolores come over with her plate, I paid no attention to her until I saw her putting a lot of food on her plate. I didn't want to say and sound rude but it was unusual for her to take so much, maybe she was just hungry.

"Dolores, hey!" Out of nowhere Mirabel came running to Dolores. "You know, out of all my older cousins, you're like my favorite cousin," Mirabel said quickly, "Ouch." I thought. "So I feel like I can talk to you about anything, ergo you can talk to me about anything. Like the problem with the magic last night that no one seemed to worry about, but maybe you heard about that maybe I should know about." Mirabel was mumbling the whole thing so it was hard to hear what she was saying (except the first part) but I was acting like I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying.

"Camilo! Stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds!" Tio Felix came walking up to the table with the real Dolores behind him looking Camilo up and down with an angry expression.

"Worth a shot." Camilo said as he shifted back into himself. "Ah-!" He yelped, when Casita hit him with the window casing. He looked down at his food with a smile seeing that it didn't fall when he got hit, but then got hit again. "AyE!" He yelped again, he started walking away not wanting to get hit again.

I also walked away following Camilo with a tiny smirk, finding the whole situation a bit funny.

"There we go." Luisa said, putting down the table for us to eat on.

"Everyone, to the table! Lets go, Lets go." Abuela said as the chairs started sliding towards the table making a seat for everyone.

I grabbed a cup with juice in it and sat down at the end of the table as I always do.

"Family." Abuela started finding her way towards the other end of the table grabbing everyone's attention. "We are all thankful for Antonio's new –" She was cut off by almost sitting on 3 of Antonio's animals. "Gift." She finished her sentence looking at Antonio.