Chapter 5. ''What's that smile for -?''

Cussing occurs in the chapter
also self-deprecating thoughts.
You have been warned
(question for readers at the end)
________________________

''Is this how I'm going to die?''
You thought to yourself as you practically froze in place when the moon animatronic walked over to stand in front of you. Its grin contorted as his teeth split apart for him to speak, you could hear a low humming noise coming from it as the large jester came closer. Standing up straight instead of leaning over like it had done the entire time up until now, it became clear to you that he was about a head taller than sun. The darkness gave his torso a skeletal look, almost as if the animatronic had been starving. You felt your mouth dry up as you tried to say something, but nothing came out. You could only stand there silently as the nap-time attendant bowed down to you, its eyes scanning over your face in a hungry, malicious way.

''Stayed up too late, have we...?''
Its croaky voice cut through the silence, and if it had been alive, you were sure you would've heard it breathing heavily as it got closer... and closer...

''Moon, stop scaring them-!!''
Sun hissed at his lunar counterpart as he jumped in front of the other animatronic, holding his arms out to his sides so Moon couldn't get to you. The other robot tried to step around Sun, but whenever he took a step to regain eye contact with you, Sun would step in again and block him off from you. It was nice that Sunrise was at least aware that the other attendant was scaring you half to death, but it felt a bit silly because he came off as a bit over-protective. Like a parent, who wouldn't let their kid climb trees only because they could scratch themselves on the bark or fall from a branch when they weren't being careful enough.
Sunrise puffed himself up to seem bigger but failed due to Moon's clear height advantage, as well as the fact he only really raised his chest a bit since he couldn't actually breathe.

''Sunrise, please... They're an adult, not a kid...''
Moon rolled his eyes and pushed Sun to the side, causing him to trip over the box with the art supplies. Locking his gaze on you as he kneeled down to be around the same eye-height as you, Moon tilted his head and reached out to you with one of his hands. You flinched and closed your eyes tightly shut as you prepared yourself for the worst, but nothing bad came. Opening your eyes again, you felt silly as you saw the moon animatronic had just held out his hand to shake yours. How stupid can one be? Of course, he wasn't going to hurt you, what did you think? That he'd hit you? Call you names and push you around?? He was made to be around kids for god's sake, not torment them or something like that. God, you were stupid sometimes. Stupid, dumb, idiotic, why did they even give you a job here? You're not cut out for this, let alone-

''Hey,''
You heard the animatronic before you say as you felt him place the hand on your shoulder, causing you to look back up at him and into his soft ruby eyes. You could faintly see your reflection in them. You were shaking.

Damnit, not again...

''Calm down there, starlight. I'm not out to hurt you..''
Moon said as his hand glided down your shoulder, arm, and then placed itself on your hand. He held it firmly, and you could feel him squeeze it a bit as he held it up to shake it lightly.
''What's your name..?''

''I-I-''
You muttered as you tried to get words out, but your mouth just wouldn't obey you.
'' Aiai? Never heard that name before... You must be unique...~ ''
Moon chuckled to himself as you felt your face heat up once again at how stupid you must be looking right now.

''Moon, stop bullying Y/N!!!''
Sun yelled before storming over to the taller animatronic to make him let go of you. His entire head had turned into a strong orange, almost red in hue. You swore you could smell burnt plastic. Was he overheating? You had to notify the boss of that when you got off work, after all, if Sunrise burnt a fuse in the middle of working with the kids, you would be the one to blame for not saying something sooner.
Wait.
No.
Was he jealous?