Chapter 10

Stan's POV:
I closed the front door behind me, wincing at the loud bang that emitted from it and turned to Kyle, sniggering slightly. "You need to stop doing that!" He said with a laugh, pushing my shoulder.

I put my hands up in mock surrender. "I know, I know! I don't do it on purpose y'know, it just kinda happens."

"I bet you're still just as terrible with car doors." He giggled.

"I'm the fucking worst! Dad always gets so mad at me when I do it I swear he thinks I'm doing it on purpose."

"Well, do you ever apologize?" He asked, clearly still amused by this topic. I shrug my shoulders,

"I mean yeah of course I do—I usually re-open the door and close it more gently and then run away."

"That kinda just adds insult to injury." He replied with a snort.

"It does not! That's me being polite." I say matter of factly. Kyle just smiles, walking ahead of me up the stairs.

"Uh-huh, sure it is."

I laugh before following him, watching as he casually walks into my bedroom as if it were his own and flops down on my bed with a grunt. I cock an eyebrow in amusement, walking over to my desk and setting my backpack down on it before sitting down next to him.

"You know you still have your backpack on, right?" I smile. His eyes pop open, briefly meeting mine as he shot up, scrambling a little to get the straps off his shoulders, all while I watched in pure amusement. "You need some help?" I tried to add in, only to get a grunt in response,

"I've got it."

I just laughed. "Determined as ever I see. Cool cool, do your thing. I'm gonna pick a movie for us to watch, okay?"

"Mkay.." he groaned in frustration, not even realizing what he'd done which only made me laugh like an idiot.

"Mkay?" I replied in my fit of laughter, imitating Mr Mackey as best as I could until I heard Kyle start to laugh just as intensely as I was.

"Mkay," he laughed, lifting his head up to look at me. "That was an accident."

"I know, that's what made it funnier," I responded, shaking my head with a smile as I looked him up and down, his backpack now strewn across my bed. "You good now?"

He blew out an exasperated breath before flopping back down again. "Yeah."

"Okay." I took his backpack off the bed and put it beside mine, making my way back over to him and getting comfortable. "So what do you wanna watch?" I ask, turning my head to look at him.

"I don't know, let's just browse and see what looks interesting."

"Okay sounds good." I sat up and grabbed my TV remote off the bedside table.

"Maybe we can watch Chinpokomon." Kyle all of a sudden says, making me smile.

"Hey that's not a bad idea, we used to watch that all the time when we were little."

He laughed before sitting up, pulling me with him.

"I'll never forget that one time when we were around 5 or 6 when you asked your Mom and Dad for a pet Pikachu and they told you it wasn't real and you had a full on meltdown in the park." He chuckled as I closed my eyes, recounting the memory as if it were yesterday and letting out a laugh of my own,

"Dude that for me was the equivalent of finding out that Santa isn't real—maybe even worse. I thought my life was over at that point."

He laughed even harder. "What, because you couldn't have your own Pikachu?"