3.2

𓅓

𓅓

— Harry and Finley had heard both sides of the story over and over again.

In one hour, Ron would be complaining about Hermione's behavior. In the hour after that, Hermione explained her thoughts about Ron's love life.

"Look, I can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist." Ron explained. A kid ran in between Ron and Harry. Harry walked with Finley, the two holding hands as they silently listened to Ron's ramble. "What Lav and I have, well, let's just say, there's no stopping it. It's chemical. Will it last? Who knows. Point is, I'm a free agent."

He spoke as if he was a professional in love-related things now.

Finley rolled her eyes in the most unamused way.

Only a half hour later, the couple was in the library, walking with Hermione as she put up her books.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes. I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements."

Finley sat on a table as Hermione stayed where she stood. Harry leant on the table, beside her. His hand rested on her thigh.

"Have you?" Harry questioned.

"Yes. Why?"

"Well, me and Finely wouldn't mind if you came along with us. We would love to have your company."

"See, I thought about that. But I don't want to intrude on your relationship, I already have enough."

"No, you haven't, Mione. We love to have you around. We'd get bored if it was just ourselves all the time." Finley tried to cover it up.

"So, who are you going with?" Harry asked, noting the girl's annoyance with her date.

"Um, it's a surprise."

"You tell me later?" Finley raised her eyebrow.

"You already know," Hermione grumbled. Finley laughed loudly, being shushed the next second. "But you two have to be careful. Watch out for everyone. See that girl over there?"

Hermione made a subtle glance over her shoulder, Harry not even giving a glance. But Finley turned her whole head, keeping her gaze on the girl Hermione was pointing out.

"That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion." Hermione spoke towards Harry.

"I'm killing her, then the twins." Finley stated the same time Harry said, "Really?" He sounded shocked, but not interested.

Hermione took it the opposite though. "Hey!" She snapped in his face. "You've got a girlfriend! And, Vane's only interested in you because she thinks you're The Chosen One."