II

What really happened to us?

It was a decision that tore them apart yet it was also the decision that brought them back together.

XYLE's

"Czar...anak wake up na" But the young lady was not move even a little.

"Czarina, bangon na anak..." Still no reaction from the sleeping woman.

"Frances Ley! Tatayo ka diyan o—"

"Goodmorning tatay!!" Czar with eyes still half open greeted me.

"Tayo na diyan Czar, we have a long day ahead." I said as I kissed her forehead before I head downstairs.

Long day ahead because it is the last day of our working hours in the cafe for this year.

We expected the numerous orders already—we've come prepared for this day. We will also be having a year end party.

The cafe and the pastry shop—next to Czar, it is our gem in this world. We are college fresh graduates when Cy and me decided to build it. It was the cafe that came first—it was a gamble that time, we don't know if it will push through or will it be a flop. There came a time where we were on top—blockbuster indeed but business is business we've also met our downfall where we experienced no customers at all and it break us that time.

It's not only the cafe that hit it's downfall—even my and Cy's friendship met our downfall—our friendship hit our rockbottom fall. I blamed her, she blamed me then the next thing we knew—wala na hindi na kami naguusap.

FLASHBACK

"Cy naman..." Xyle sighed in frustation because up until now Cy wouldn't talk to him. Cy just continued fixing the things on the table though there were no evident mess in the table.

"Cyrine! ano?! tatahimik ka na lang ba diyan?" Still he got nothing from her not even a flinch.

"Ganiyan lang ba ang alam mong gawin? Walk out, walk out, tas tatahimik ka lang, wala kang kibo!" Then suddenly with his burst of emotion he uttered unwanted words that went below the below for her side. "Siguro nga wala lang sayo ito. Kailan ka ba naman kasi nagkaroon ng pake dito diba?!" There he recieved a slap—a slap of anger and disappointment.

"Pasensiya ka na ha! Hindi mo ako katulad, I'm sorry! I'm sorry kung ganito ako mag cope up!" She said as tears pooled down her eyes. Pain was evident on every words she threw. "Putangina! Hindi kasi nag sisink in sa akin Xyle, f-feeling ko kasalanan ko, f-feeling ko I am responsible for this loss of ours!" Then she paused for a while, Xyle on the other hand was kept mum he never knew she is feeling like this. He was about to held Cy when Cy flinched and moved  a distance from him.

"You can go, iwan mo na muna ako—"

"Cy, hey hindi. Hindi kita iiwan mag-isa lalo na sa ganitong sitwasyon natin." But Cy already said her word and she always do what her mouth says.

"Gaano ba kahirap intindihin yung salitang i.w.a.n mo na muna ako?! Mahirap ba intindihan??!" Cy shouted with anger and frustration in her voice.

Xyle only chuckled with Cy's behavior. They are both in pain, yes they knew that—it's just that they both have different ways of accepting and coping up with it.

"Pasensiya na ha? Ganito katigas ang ulo, pasensiya na kung ayaw kitang iwan, kaibigan mo kasi ako Cy eh at alam ko na ang magkaibigan hindi nagiiwanan kahit na anong mangyari. Pasensiya ka na ha? Kinakailangan mo pang sumabog sa galit pero huwag kang mag-alala...gusto mo akong umalis diba?" Xyle did burst out also. With a heavy heart he said what he felt after Cy pushed him away.