XIV

They all heard the door clicked and as the door slightly opened, they saw a woman in her white maxi dress, behind her were professionals wearing blue scrubs.

They all got up from seat and went near the opening.

It was Louie, the attending doctor, and the nurses who assisted.

"Doc! What happened?" Adelfa rushed and asked the Doctor.

"I am Doctor Rufino, attending physician of Mrs. Hebreo. Sa ngayon po ay stable naman na po ang kalagayan ng anak niyo misis ngunit nananatili pa rin po itong walang malay...At base po sa naging endorsement sa amin ni Dra. Louie, Mrs. Hebreo is scheduled for a mastectomy and to be honest with you, ang aming ospital po ay walang mga sapat na kagamitan, isang pampubliko at maliit na ospital lamang po kami. Kaya po, inirerekumenda ko na once na stabilized na ang pasyente, agaran na nating ibabyahe ang pasyente papuntang maynila." They aren't crying anymore but they are taking deep breaths to calm their nerves down.

"Maiwan ko po muna kayo." Pagpapaalam ng Doctor.

Xyle was there, standing beside the door, leaning his back on the cold wall. Still, everything happening won't sink into him.

"Louie, are we allowed to see Cyrine?" Cielo asked Louie.

"Hmm let's ask them first, we need to follow their protocols." Louie answered and search for the nurse who assisted them earlier.

"Uhm, are we allowed to see our patient?" Louie asked the nurse.

"Yes po Doktora pero two persons at a time lang po ang allowed. Halika po, I'll assist you." The nurse said and assisted Adelfa and Czar, for they would be the first one to go inside.

Cielo, SS, and Shyriz went back to the beach resort to help Ace and Jazz in assisting the other visitors.

"Xyle, can I have a minute with you?" Louie asked Xyle. Xyle nodded in return.

"Xyle, as soon as maging stable si Cy, we need to transfer her agad agad sa manila. At pagdating natin sa manila, I already messaged Dra. Mendoza, didiretso na si Cy sa operating room for her mastectomy."

Xyle hummed indicating that he understood what Louie is talking about. 

"Can I join her inside the ambulance when we transfer her later?" Xyle hopefully asked.

Louie deeply sighed first.

"Hindi dapat pero magagawan ko naman ng paraan but please do your best para pigilan ang emosyon mo. Tatapatin kita, there's a lot—na pwedeng mangyari sa maikling oras na nakasakay kayo doon sa ambulance. We don't hold control on what's coming. Ihanda mo ang sarili mo, Cy needs you now." Diretsahang ani ni Louie kay Xyle.

-

XYLE's

"Czar, please drive slowly, okay? Arrive safe." Pagpapaalala ko kay Czar. She'll be the one to drive my car pabalik ng manila. Sila Mama naman ay bumalik muna sa beach resort to settle everything there and after that ay susunod na lang sila sa amin.

"Yes, tatay. Huwag mo akong alalahanin. Iingatan ko sarili ko."

And as what I've told Louie earlier, sa ambulance ako sasakay. I want to be with Cy. I knew she is still unconscious pero gusto ko siyang samahan, gusto ko siyang alalayan, gusto ko siyang makasama.