Entry 13 ~Italy~

Dear Diary,

I am here in Italy continuing my search on what life for a vampire is like. I want to know every detail I can before I travel home. I know I’m going all over the place. I’ve been to England and Germany. I was easily able to find the other vampires but I don’t know how easy it will be to find the Italians. I’ve heard a few things about the Italian vampires. I know that you don’t want to cross them. I fed before I got to Italy so I should be ok for a little while but I’ve been more thirsty lately than usual. I guess it’s hard to travel when you’re not use to it. So it’s hard to find them when they are so secretive. I guess you could say one of them found me and took me in. I guess when you start hunting their ground, you’re easy to find.  They found and cornered me, it wasn’t pretty. Let me explain. I had no idea how I was going to find them and I’d been searching in some cities when I came across this one particular city Volterra they sensed that I was there and found me. So I finally met the Volturi. There not as scary as you would think. They are just very territorial and they want to keep our existence from humans.  So what I learned was very beneficial for me to know. The Volturi explained that they keep laws that are not to be broken.  The laws that keep the peace between all vampires and humans. We don’t show our existence to humans, we do not have large covens because then it is easier to expose us. Then there were a few other things that they told me but I can’t repeat it here. They said I could hunt in Italy but it had to be away from their city. As I went around I found Italian folklore just as I had in Germany. There is not a lot of reading material on vampires in Italy. The only plausible explanation is that the Volturi had it destroyed. So what is known is passed in folk telling. I guess I won’t get much more information then what I collected from the Volturi. Next I’m heading across the Adriatic seas into Croatia I’ll write more when I have more on that.