A sleepover and a test

So as I say I'm going to try make this chapter kinda long because the next will be the last! Sorry it took so long to come out with this one but enjoy anyway :)

That evening I had been practicing hard on my brain skills, focusing and mind reading. It was tiring.

Julieta used her baking and cooking skills to help me out, she would give me a range of different foods that I would have to close my eyes and smell. Then tell her what each one was still with my eyes shut.

Each time I succeeded it got harder, but eventually I could tell a brownie from a slice of chocolate cake. I was really in the zone.

Camilo sat me down in the dining room and lay down different objects. A clock, a teddy, Earphones, a water bottle, a pencil and a ruler. He gave me 20 seconds to look closely at them, then I have to close my eyes while he removes one and then look at the objects again to tell him what one is missing.

I opened my eyes and stared at each object. "The pencil is missing!" I squeeled.

"Brilliant y/n!" Camilo smiled. "Ok well now it's going to get a bit harder, is that alright?"

I nodded.

"I'm going to add 2 more objects, and you will only have 10 seconds to look at them, let's see how you do."
He added to the table a pin and a sock. "Don't worry the sock is clean" he laughed looking at my grossed out face.

I looked at the objects while he counted down from ten. Then shut my eyes as he slipped one of the objects behind his back.

I opened them and scanned the table. A pencil, a ruler, a water bottle, earphones, a teddy, a pin and a sock. What was missing?

I thought hard about the objects he first lay out. A clock! It was a clock!

"The clock is missing!" I grinned. "Correct! Well done y/n, I'm very impressed." Camilo bent down to hug me and he whispered in my ear. "Hey, so I was talking to Antonio, Mirabel and Luisa earlier and they said they think it would be super fun to have a sleepover in Antonio's room later. And they want you to come!"

"Really!" I smiled, "Cool!!"

I got my pjs on after dinner and sat on the bed in the nursery waiting for the sleepover. I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" I said, It was Antonio. "I've come to collect the sleepover guest!" he said lifting me off the bed.

He took me into his big jungle room, and at the top of the tree, most of the other cousins were there with treats and pillows all wearing their pjs. Measha was there too, sitting on Mirabels lap.

"So," began Luisa when we were all sitting down, "Are you excited to go back to the past y/n?" 

"Yes I am, papá must be so worried back home." 

"But you see, once you go back home, to everyone in at the party it will be like you only left for a second. Not like for you because you know you've been gone for days." said Mirabel stroking Meashas hair.

I hadn't thought of that, I will be so happy to be home. To see papá and, Abuela. Who knows how long she has left, now that I know she dies soon in the future. But I wonder how she dies? Should I ask? 

No I probably shouldn't. Abuela told me not to use my power for anything to large. And if I can't go back to stop a boyfriend from breaking up with someone I don't think I should go forward in time to stop somebody's death. It's not right. Even if it is for Abuela herself.

The rest of the sleepover was fun, we laughed and talked about our gifts. Camilo played some unexpected tricks. Measha fell asleep about 10 minutes in and I was very tired myself by 9 o clock.

I fell asleep with a bowl of ice cream in my hand, and when I woke up, the bowl was in Camilos hand. And of course it was empty. I checked my little pink watch Isabella had got me for my gift ceremony. It was 8:30.

I quietly snuck out of the room and into the kitchen. I got myself breakfast and was dressed by 9:00.

Dolores took me and Measha down to the town after we ate our lunch to get a treat. I got a tasty little fairy cake and Measha got a bar of chocolate.

Later that day Papá knocked on the door of the nursery. "Come in" I said while brushing my hair.

I was wearing my long white lace dress again, if the test works and I can go back to the past, I can't be wearing the old hoodies Mirabel gave me. I have to look like I never left.

Papá sat down on the bed and looked proudly at me. "I remember when I saw you in that dress on the day of your ceremony. I was so proud of you, and I still am."

I hugged him tight and he took my hand and led me downstairs where the others were waiting.

"Ok y/n, you are going to time travel to tomorrow. Not tomorrow for u, tomorrow for us. We will be waiting in the same spot at exactly this time. And if it works, you can go home. And everything that happened over the last 6 years that had to do with you will be re writen. Are you ready?" said Papá letting go of my hand.

"Em, yes" I said nervously.

"Good luck" said papá. And everyone else waved goodbye.

Then I closed my eyes.