Going home

I closed my eyes, I thought of the exact position I was standing in, the room I was standing in, and my surroundings. I need to go to this time tomorrow, in this exact spot.

I opened my eyes.

Oh no, I'm not standing at the bottom of the stairs anymore. I'm standing in the bathroom. I wonder where I am, now I'm really never going home.

I quietly opened the bathroom door and slipped out. I could hear voices down stairs. "Oh no, it didn't work. Y/n could be anywhere. But how did it get messed up? She was so ready, so focused." said the voice of my papá sounding worried.

Wait a second? Maybe it did work, I'm just in the wrong place! But how? It doesn't matter anyway. At least I'm not anywhere else I shouldn't be.

I raced downstairs, "It did work! It's the next day right? I just went to the wrong spot!"

Papá hugged me as the family gathered around us. "Thank god, I was so worried you were stuck in a completely different place" said papá who was very relieved.

"Me too" I said.

"Well y/n, it looks like you can go back to the past now, to change the future" said Isabella.

"We love you, we hope you can get back. We hope you can fix everything" said Julieta.

I said goodbye to everyone and hugged my papá extra tightly. "I love you kid, good luck" he smiled.

I closed my eyes once more, praying it would work. I need to go back to the party. The party with my family, when I got my gift. When the kids told me to show it to them, and I disappeared. Please let me go back there.

I opened them to see 4 kids staring at me wide eyed. "WOW! YOU DISAPPEARED FOR LIKE 5 SECONDS AND NOW YOUR BACK! THATS SO COOL!" One of them screamed with joy.

I looked around me. I was really back, where I wanted to be. My papá, Luisa, Pepa and Mirabel were deep in discussion at the corner of the room. I ran up to papá and hugged him so tight he thought he would explode.

"Wow, you ok kid?" he asked. "Yes papá, I'm fine." I beamed.

"Are you sure?" said Mirabel. "You seem quite excited about something"

"I'm excited because I got my gift!" I said. I would tell them what happened some day, but now was not the time.

The rest of the party went on smoothly, I enjoyed talking to everyone there and showing off my new gift. Of course this time I didn't actually use it. I just told them about it. And I'm not actually afraid to use my gift, I was just a bit tired of it for one night.

After everyone had left I sat down in the living room with my papá. "So are you happy?" he said smiling.

"Ye!" I nodded.

Maybe now would be a good time to tell him, it's just me and him. And I need to tell somebody about my adventure.

"Papá, I need to tell you something" I began, papá looked worried. "Is everything ok?" he asked.

For the next 15 minutes I went through to whole story start to finish. I told him everything I saw and heard, but purposely left out the part of Abuelas death. I didn't think it was ok for anyone to know except me. I will just treasure every moment I have with her from here on out.

Papá stared at me with his mouth wide open, "Y/n, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I cant believe you were away for days! It seems impossible."

I nodded. "I love you papá, and so does everybody else, I hope you know that." I smiled.

"Y/n, I will never leave this family again. I will never ever leave you. No matter what" he said beginning to tear up.

"And papá, one more thing." I began.

"Yes y/n?" said papá looking puzzled.

"I love you, and I always have and will. But I want to know mamá more. You never talk about her. I don't know her, and she is my mamá. I would like to know her. So I am asking you, can I go back in time. And see her?"

The end.

Thank you everyone so so so much for reading this story! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope you all have a great 2022 and I might see you again if I right a part 2 to this story! (Idk if I will tho so we will have to see) Have an amazing day!

-Faye (author)