2 // Shedding Light

Natasha Romanoff sits in the pilot's seat of the quinjet, speaking to Director Fury through her headset.

"Said anything?" Fury asks her.

"Not a word," Romanoff confesses.

"Just get him here. We're low on time," Fury orders.

"Do you know who the girl was?" Romanoff questions, "She helped us, but the second anyone tried to talk to her, she disappeared."

She doesn't get an answer though as Fury ends the call. Romanoff sighs, her boss isn't giving her answers and she is not liking it one bit.

Tony Stark and Captain Rogers talk as they watch Loki from a distance. He's tied up and cuffed to his seat.

"I don't like it," Steve comments.

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so quickly?" Tony asks.

"I don't remember it being ever that easy," Steve admits, "This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you are still pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?" Tony quips.

"What?" Steve is confused.

"It's like calisthenics," Tony explains. "You might have missed a couple things, you know, during your time as a capsicle."

Steve finally looks Tony in the eye, meeting his ego match, "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you. Including who the girl is, and honestly I'm still trying to connect the dots."

Suddenly there is a crash of thunder and a strike of lightning that the quinjet just barely dodges, making the entire thing violently shake. Romanoff asks where it's coming from when thunder rumbles overhead again. Loki stares out the window with intent, looking almost anxious.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve raises an eyebrow.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," Loki concedes.

A blinding strike of lightning hits the jet, not just lightning but what Loki feared, his brother, Thor. He rips open the ramp and grabs Loki by the throat before exiting the quinjet again. The remaining two men are left dumbstruck before Stark lowers his face plate

"Now there's this guy," he sighs.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha asks, looking over her shoulder.

"Think the guy's friendly?" Steve wonders aloud.

"Doesn't matter," Tony dismisses the thought, "If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost."

He then turns and runs to where the ramp should be, getting ready to chase after Thor.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Rogers points out.

"I have a plan," Stark disputes, "Attack!"

And with that Stark exits the quinjet to follow the Asgardians. Rogers then grabs a parachute and begins to follow when Romanoff stops him.

"I'd sit this one out," Romanoff advises.

"I don't see how I can," Rogers disagrees.

"These guys come from legends, they're basically gods. Maybe even the girl for all we know."

"There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

When I appear back in the helicarrier and out of the shadows there's a small grin on my face. Fury makes eye contact with me before turning away and speaking into his earpiece. When he turns back to me he has a frown on his face, not that he usually has a much happier expression.