epilogue

you grin in the mirror as you adjust your dress, smoothing the front of it down.

"you look so beautiful." your brother's voice makes you look toward the doorway, grinning at the sight of him in his tux.

"ready?"

you loop your arm in his, taking a deep breath as classical music rises behind the two of you.

at the other end of the aisle, baji nervously tugs at his sleeves, adjusting his cuff links.

"don't rip your suit asshole, it took me forever to sew." mitsuya whispers, making all of them chuckle.

as the music plays, baji looks towards the aisle, gulping.

you and haru appear, slowly making your way down the aisle.

your eyes meet baji's, quietly gasping at the sight of a few tears slipping down his cheeks.

you pass your bouquet to emma, haru kissing your cheek as you hold both of baji's hands in front of the altar.

"welcome, welcome! we're here this evening for the joining of these two lovely people in holy matrimony." homura grins at both of you, pulling out a few sheets of paper to read from.

"the vows, my loves?"

you go first, unfolding a piece of paper and clearing your throat.

"when i met you, you were a dumbass college kid who desperately needed my help with chemistry." this elicits laughs from the crowd, baji playfully rolling his eyes.

"but, as the years have gone by, you've become so much more than that to me. you're my rock, my best friend, my better half. you saved me and my family in a major time of need, you always know how to put a smile on my face, and have the kindest heart i've ever seen. i've watched you grow into tokyo's best veterinarian and a man i am more than proud to spend the rest of my life with. i'm so grateful for all the days i've gotten to spend by your side, and i look forward to many more. here's to us, keisuke. i love you more than i could ever say." he kisses the back of one of your hands, you using the other to wipe away the tears falling from your eyes.

"you just raised the bar so high, how am i supposed to top those?" this earns a few giggles, chifuyu rolling his eyes.

"i really fought back against having a tutor for chemistry, but i couldn't be happier that mikey forced me to come to that dinner to meet you." mikey playfully bows, making you grin.

"and, we've come so far. you are everything i prayed for, and have showed me things i didn't even know i needed until you came into my life. you're my place of peace, no matter what the hell else is going on in the world. i'm so proud to call you my girl, and even prouder of all the things you're accomplishing. when you get a nobel peace prize, i can't wait to scream from the roofs that my wife is a genius. i love you, so much. you're more than everything i could ask for in a person, and i can't wait to give you the world."

the crowd cheers as you squeeze his hands, both of you smiling tearfully.

"im so proud of you two kids. they had their first date in my shop! and look at them now!" everyone laughs at homura, her smiling at baji proudly.

"do you, (l/n) (y/n), take keisuke baji to be your husband? to have and hold, in sickness and in health, whatever the world may bring you?"

"i do."

"do you, keisuke baji, take (l/n) (y/n) to be your wife? to have and hold, in sickness and in health, whatever the world may bring you?"

"i do."

"by the power vested in me, i now declare you husband and wife! kiss the girl, baji!"

he grins as he dips you down into a kiss, holding your waist firmly.

"and for the first time i present, mr and mrs keisuke baji!"

you grin at your now husband, cheers erupting from the crowd.

he still gave you butterflies all these years later.

mental note to thank mikey for convincing me to tutor this dumbass.

"i love you, mr. baji."

"i love you more, mrs baji."

——

the end :,(
i enjoyed writing this so much and i really hope you all have enjoyed reading it! :)

please feel free to check out my other works!

don't forget to vote and comment! see you all next time! :)