Chapter 10

*Shorter chapter than usual. I'll make the next one longer. Enjoy!*

Darien's POV

I sat in silence on the couch thinking about what I had just found. I tried contemplating what to do about the news but I came to the realization that I couldn't do anything. I could not change the truth and I couldn't try to fix him either. I felt bad that he had this disorder but I knew that I shouldn't, as mean as it is for me to say, he deserves the constant back and forth inner battles with his feelings. He has put many people through so much trauma, including me, he deserves at least some ounce of conflict. Although I believed he deserved it to some extent, I couldn't help but wish I could change it. Not only does it change his whole personality and make his life more difficult, it also puts me in further risk of danger and I could end up in some kind of harm.

The silence is cut short when the bathroom door suddenly gets thrown open. Harry's footsteps are heard as his socked feet pad against the hardwood floor. I expected to hear the creak of the stairs as he walked up them, but when I heard nothing I looked up to see him standing in front of me with a look of pure anger on his features. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as he stares at me and holds up a piece of paper in his hands.

"Can you explain what the fuck this was doing sitting on the sink counter?" He hissed, waving the paper around in the air. My face paled as I recognized what it was: his prescription schedule. I am so stupid.. I cannot believe that I left it lying there.

"I-I don't know.." My voice shook and my lips quivered as he narrowed his gaze, his jaw clenching.

"Bullshit! This was tucked away inside the cabinet and somehow it made its way onto the counter. Tell me how that happened, Darien," he slowly walked closer and he grabbed me by the arm and tugged me up harshly, pulling me into his chest.

"I don't know, I-"

"No, you do know! You were snooping in my stuff and I want to hear you admit it, now!" He raised his voice and tightened his grip.

"But-"

"Now, Darien, because you don't want to find out what happens if you don't," he threatened, his voice low and raspy.

"Fine. I-I looked through your cupboard. But only-"

"Did I ask for an explanation? I don't want to hear your petty excuse to get you out of trouble. I specifically told you not to snoop and that is the first thing you go and do! Fuck!" He yelled, pulling away from me and running his hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I really didn't mean to.. it just.. happened. I saw the paper sticking out and I got curious and looked. I swear it wasn't my intentions to go in the bathroom to look through your stuff," I pleaded for forgivness, literally, as his face held nothing but pure rage.

"I don't care if it wasn't your initial intention, Darien! You still did it and you still need to be punished!" His voice held venom and his jaw clenched again. His hard gaze burned holes in my face as he approached me once again, grabbing my hand and yanking me across the room toward the stairs.

"Please, Harry! I am so sorry, I didn't mean to do it and I promise you that I won't look through your stuff ever again!" I cried, tears leaking from my eyes. I didn't know what it was he was going to do but I certainly did not want to find out.

"You should have thought about what would happen before you let your curiosity get the best of you!" He bit, glaring at me.

He yanked open the door to the room I had been staying in and threw me in, following behind and slamming it closed behind him. He turned to me with a gaze full of hatred and motioned with his finger for me to come closer. I wearily shook my head, refusing to get any closer to him while he was seething in anger.

"Don't test me, Darien," he shook his head. I hesitantly took a step forward, deciding that it would be best not to push him any further. "You need to know that when you do not follow my orders and do as you are told, you get punished. I do not tolerate bad behaviour or disobedience and I certainly do not reward it."

"What are you going to do?" I asked just below a whisper.

"You will be locked in here an hour for each you did wrong. One for doing what I told you not to, one for reading my schedule, one for spilling my pills, don't think I didn't notice that because there was still about five on the floor, and one for lying to me when I asked you about it."

"That's four hours!" I raised my voice, shocked that he is locking me in here for four hours over something so stupid. I didn't even think of what I did as a big deal, I could've done something much worse.

"Congratulations, baby, you can do math," he grinned. I cringed at the pet name, a lump rising in my throat at the sound of the word rolling off his tounge.

"Look, I am sorry for what I did but, Harry, it really wasn't anything that serious," I counter, pleading not to be locked away here for the rest of the day. It's such a dingy room and being left alone in here with only my thoughts makes me think about what's going on and I would rather not sulk in my self-pity.

"Serious or not, you disobeyed me," he hissed once again.

"I was only curious, I-" I am cut off by a harsh slap to my cheek, the familiar stinging sensation burning on my skin. More tears wet my cheeks.

"I would advise you not to argue with me," he whispered menacingly. "You do wrong and you lose the privileges that I have given you, starting with being let out of this room."

"I understand that what I did was wrong. And I do understand that I invaded your privacy and that you're upset about that, but I have said sorry multiple times now and told you that I will not do it again. So please Harry, don't be mad at me."

I hate that he is mad at me over this. I knew that he would be and I get why he is, but it doesn't change the fact that what I did was not something to react like this over. I don't even care that I will be in here for a few hours, that punishment is hardly anything compared to what it could be, but I'm scared because he is mad at me and that never ends good. I just don't want him to be upset with me anymore.

"Darien, stop rambling please. I can except your apology, but it still does not change the situation. You are getting punished and I will still be upset with you because I am the boss and you listen to me. I am in charge, not you and you need to understand that one way or another. End of discussion, I am done speaking to you about this," he turned to the door and opened it before slowly looking back at me. "Oh and Darien?"

"What?" I said quietly, too scared to say it any louder by the off chance that it might come off as rude and I would get another slap.

"Curiosity killed the cat." And then he was gone.

-----
I seriously suck at thinking of "punishments" so just pretend that the one Harry gave was your idea of reasonable haha.

And omg I got my helix (cartilage) pierced on Friday after school and it hurt like a bitch. Out of all 3 of the piercings I have gotten I'd say that that one probably hurt me the most. But I was laughing the whole time cuz I embarrassed myself while talking to the piercer (funny story) so that either made it worse or lightened the situation idek lmao

Anyway. Thanks for reading and please vote and leave a comment! X