The Late Dinner Pt. 2

"So, what prompted this almost surprise?" Emma asked, taking a sip of her wine.

Dinner had gone by silently, and they now sat side by side on the floor in front of her couch, drinking wine while they watched a terrible movie.

"Things have just been stressful. I-I don't feel like me right now. Like I'm just some carefully curated image others want me to be. I needed to be somewhere I felt comfortable. Somewhere I can just be myself. And that's with you. It wasn't planned. I bought the plane ticket minutes before I went on for that interview. I was hoping you would see it when it aired, since I had to race to the airport right after that." Sebastian laughed, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

Emma tried to ignore the butterflies at him telling her she was home for him. Where he could be comfortable. She swallowed, leaning her head against his shoulder, trying not to get distracted by how good he smelled.

"I get it. It's nice to get away once in a while. To not be who you're expected to be for a minute." She finished her glass of wine, setting it off to the side.

She wouldn't let herself cave to the crush. She was going to ignore the way he smelled, the way his arm felt around her shoulders. The way her stomach flipped when his blue eyes looked into her own green eyes. Though the pull was as strong as ever.

He hooked his finger under her chin, gently tipping her face up to look at him.

"What's going on with you? You're acting different tonight."

"I-" she started, unsure how to answer. "I'm the same as always. Just caught by surprise with a few things, is all," she blurted out, not wanting him to know that all she wanted was for him to kiss her like she belonged to him. For him to fuck her so hard she wouldn't be able to walk right for a week.

"Mmhmm, sure," he muttered like he didn't quite believe her, his eyes never leaving hers.

Before she could respond he fisted his hand in her hair, yanked her up to his mouth, and kissed her like his entire life depended on it. With a sigh her hands framed his face, holding him there, her tongue teasing the seam of his lips, his arms pulling her body into his as his lips parted, his tongue slowly reaching to join her, his grip on her hair tightening, a soft moan escaping her.