i'm tired of being sexualized

only dumb guys think being sexualized is a compliment. I guess girls do like to feel like they're attractive, "sexy", etc., but also...I want to feel like I have more to offer than that.

I'm 24 and I've never met a guy that wanted to get to know me for who I am. I stupidly thought that guys who were manipulating me liked me...i really thought that. So now I don't trust my instincts anymore because they're clearly wrong. The new guys I meet (through various apps) just want to sleep with me. On the very rare occasion they seem to take me seriously, they're creepy (tried to stalk me) or not as accomplished in life as I am. I know that sounds pretentious, but as someone who was making an adult salary at 22, I don't want to date guys that work at the grocery store. People usually like dating people with similar outcomes as them, so I don't think that's wrong. It wouldn't be a hard no, but it definitely seems to be a turn off of mine I've learned.

My point is, I want someone to take me seriously. I'm tired of guys telling me I'm hot, making corny sexual jokes, basically telling me they want to sleep with me. Why is that all I have to offer? I feel like I'm such a great person and I'm offended that no one has once cared about that. I'm confused how other people get into relationships...I guess that's why my distorted mind thinks that other women deserve happiness and I don't. Why else would they deserve to be taken seriously? What about me is so different from them? Why am I about to be 25 and never had one guy like me for who I am?

It's insulting.

I'm my own person and just because I'm a pretty woman doesn't mean that my body is all I have to offer. I'm going on a date this Saturday with a guy who said "After drinks I want to take you home and make you blush."

Like what?

Who the fuck says this kind of shit? Why can't anyone want to take me on a date without having sex? I just wanted someone to get to know me...But then I have other girl friends who sleep with guys on the second date. So maybe it's just me who doesn't want to do this. I'm so confused. 

I don't want to sleep with him but I'm starting to think this is all I'm good for. I feel like that can't be true but I've never been proven otherwise. No one takes me seriously and I'm getting tired of trying...

I just feel stupid at this point. I just wanted someone to care about me :(

<3

Annie 💜