Chapter 17

RYUJIN

I woke up early to get some flowers outside for Yeji. Well, it's not that it's needed. I just want to give her some. It's our first date, after all. 

"A bouquet of red roses please."

"For a minute, ma'am." The woman from the flower shop said as she starts to arrange to flowers. "For someone special?"

I smiled. "Yes."

"I can see." She uttered. "Your smile alone shows that person is special. Girlfriend?"

"Unfortunately, not yet." I answered.

"You should ask her out, pretty lady."

"Maybe later?" I uttered.

"Here's the bouquet of flowers for that special someone." The woman said and gave me the bouquet of roses.

"Thank you." I replied and smiled. "Have a good day." I told the lady.

"You too."

I waved my hand as goodbye to the lady and she did the same.

It's actually rare to meet someone at shops who admires same-sex couples. Some will look at you as if you're the dirtiest human being on earth. It sucks. But I don't really care.

I was about to start my car until I received a call from Yeji. Which of course, I answered.

"Yes, Ms. Hwang?" I said as soon as I answered the call.

"I need an advice."

"Hmm?" I hummed. Confuse about what she's saying.

"I woke up and my date is not here." She replied. "Did I just get dumped? What do you think?"

I giggled. "Ask your date maybe. Just to be sure."

"I hate you." She said.

"Just woke up?"

"Yes." Yeji said and I heard her yawn. "Where are you?"

"I'll be home soon." I just said. Of course I won't say I bought some flowers. It should be a surprise. "You should prepare yourself already."

"Ryujin, you know how much time I spend preparing. You should've woken me up." She said. Kinda pissed.

"I'll wait for you to get ready." I assured her. "Start preparing yourself."

"See you later then, Engineer Shin." I chuckled with the name.

"See you later, Ms. Hwang."

I ran to the store first after we finished our call to get some chocolates for Yeji. I bought Yeji's favorite chocolates because she likes them. It's quite a lot, but I'm sure she'll love it.

I arrived at the parking lot of the apartment we're living at exactly 1 pm. But I decided to wait for 30 minutes more to give time to Yeji to get ready.

Yes. Yeji really wakes up late on weekends. She would usually skip breakfast since she wake up at around 11 am already.

The date I planned will be us eating at a fancy restaurant at 3 pm then after that, and then I want to take her to the greatest ice cream shop in town. It'd be perfect for her.

I'm not the type of person who would plan an extravagant date. You know, balloons with candles or something along those lines. I'm more of a home person. I love hanging out and cuddling at home with my special someone.

Well, we're still not on that cuddle part.

But, we'll get there. Hopefully.

Luckily, we're roommates.