Chapter 49

YEJI

Waking up, I realized I was alone in my bed, without Ryujin beside me.

I jumped out of bed and walked out from my room, expecting to see her in the living room, sipping coffee, but all I see is an empty area.

Did she leave?

I took a deep breath and sat down on the couch. If she was leaving, she could have woken me up.

Until I heard the door open, revealing Ryujin with several items in her hands. In particular, groceries.

I instantly approached her and helped her with the groceries that we placed at the kitchen. 

"I thought you left me again." I said, not noticing I pouted. 

She patted my head that slightly made my hair a mess. "I told you I'm not gonna leave you." She said and smiled at me showing her whisker dimples which I found really cute. "I just bought groceries since our refrigerator was empty. And I left a note here, Yeji." She went to the dining table and pointed the small note that I didn't noticed earlier. 

It says 

'Good morning. I went to the store nearby for groceries. I'll be back :) ILY. Y means you but for me it's Yeji. I don't even know if that makes sense, lol. See you later.'

My faced turned to red reading her cute message and I couldn't help but smile. 

"You didn't read it." Ryujin giggled. "Good morning then." She said and kissed my cheeks. 

"I haven't taken a bath yet." I uttered and kind of pushed her away but Ryujin was a naughty person. 

"Doesn't matter." She pulled me in for a back hug with her chin on my shoulders, smelling my neck. "You smell so good." 

"That tickles." I said. 

Ryujin showered my neck with kisses which I didn't really mind since it's her. 

"I love you." 

I smiled as the statement made my heart flutter. "I should take a bath." I said. 

But Ryujin hugged me tighter and gave my cheeks a long kiss that made me chuckle. "I'll prepare our breakfast." 

After our clingy morning encounter, I straightly went to the bathroom to take a bath. 

To be honest, I've been wanting to say those three words to her already. Ryujin is very vocal when it comes to this thing. I guess it's part of her love language. 

I love her. There's no doubt on it. 

But I want to make sure she feels it when I say it. She'll know I'm sincere, and it won't simply be because she told me she loves me. I don't want it to appear as if it was simply a fleeting moment.

I'm not even sure whether she wants to restart her relationship with me; of course, I assume we're on the same page, but still. As a person who had a lot of fears and doubts with what happened to us, I want words from her. 

Assurance. Though she really shows it to me, it will still feel different with words. 

I changed my clothes after taking a bath, and when I walked out of the bathroom, I found Ryujin sitting at the dining table, scrolling through her phone with wrinkled brows.

"Hey." I said to caught her attention. "What's up with you? Are you okay?"

"People are so cruel." She said and pouted. I can't believe this girl is already in her 30s. 

"Hmm?"

"Don't read those articles on the internet. All of them are shit. I'll do everything to take all of that down." She said, with her brows still meeting each other. 

"What does it says?"

"They said that you just want money from that guy, Woohyun." She angrily said. "Do they even know anything? Hell, no. You're not even dating that guy."

"It's okay." I told her. "What's our plans for today?" We started eating our meal as I sat down in front of her.

"Today?" She paused. "I'll have to go back in the province for a while for some papers I need to sign." 

"Can I come with you?"

"You should probably stay here." Ryujin uttered. "I'll come back before dinner so let's have dinner together."

"Okay." 

"Wait, no." She stopped chewing her food. "I'll call someone to accompany you."

"Accompany? Why?"

"Your father or that Woohyun guy might come here." It's funny how she was dead serious with the tone of her voice. No jokes detected on her statement so I giggled.

"Ryujin, I'm fine." I assured. "You don't have to worry."

"Nope." She insisted and stood up as she already finished her meal. "I'll send Chaeryeong here."

I sighed with her. I know how worried she is that's why she wants me to be accompanied by someone. 

Ryujin walked straight to her room after finishing our meal to change her clothes because she was about to go.

I sat down on the living room with a coffee on my hands that was made by Ryujin. Oh, how I missed the way she makes my coffee. 

"I'll be home by 8." She said when finally went out from her room and is fixing her small bag that she's going to bring with her. "Do you want me to buy something?"

I shook my head. "No need." I said. "Just don't ghost me." I said and glared at her. 

She chuckled. "I'll update you from time to time." She said and leaned in closer to me to kiss my forehead. "I'll go now."

"Are you going to drive?"

Ryujin turned her face to me. "Yup! I'll text you when I can, baby!" She shouted before shutting the door. 

I smiled when I noticed how she used our endearment. This girl. 

Just an hour after Ryujin had left, I heard a doorbell from the outside. It must be Chaeryeong. Ryujin must've been really serious when she said she'll call Chaeryeong to be with me while she's gone. 

I walked to the door to open it, but what I saw was an unfamiliar face.

"Who..?" I blurted out. 

But then the woman smiled. 

A very big smile that made her looked like a bunny. 

"Hi." She greeted. "I'm Yuna. Ryujin's sister."

==

hi!!! it's been a week since my last update hehe. btw this story is about to end .. there's like less than 10 chapters left according to my plot guide haha but it could still change since i'm going to miss writing this story 🙁

anw! to all my fellow filipino readers out there, palapit na ang eleksyon, pumili tayo ng tamang lider para sa bansa natin. #LetLeniLead ✊🏻💗