𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 22

Taehyung's eyes flutter open as the morning light falls on his face. He turns his head and to his surprise, the other side of the bed is empty.

Taehyung goes to the bathroom to fresh up.

After getting dressed he made his way down to the kitchen.

Taehyung frowns when he steps in the messy kitchen. The used cutlery laying around, the spilled batter on the counter, the dirty pans in the sink...the egg on the floor?

Before Taehyung could take another step, a pair of hands cover his eyes.

"Don't look at the mess I created."

"Jungkook, did you make breakfast?" asks Taehyung while Jungkook drags him to the living room.

"Yes, I did...Surprise!" says Jungkook and removes his hands.

Taehyung's eyes widen seeing the fluffy pancakes and the glazed bacon. The English muffins topped soft scrambled eggs, dotted with cheddar cheese.

"You made all of this?" asks Taehyung, totally in shock.

"Yeah, turns out I'm very good at following YouTube tutorials," says Jungkook with a proud smile.

"Thank you dear, you are the best," says Taehyung and brings Jungkook in for a kiss. Jungkook kisses back and places his hands on Taehyung's neck.

If it was humanly possible to kiss forever, they would have, but they had to pull away for catch their breath.

"We should eat before the food gets cold." says Jungkook and they start digging in.

After eating breakfast and cleaning the mess, Taehyung starts showing Jungkook around his house.

"Are these your parents?" ask Jungkook when he spots the frame hanging on the wall.

"Yes, they are...well more like were once my parents."

"Oh, I'm sorry for asking. Is it a sensitive topic for you?" says Jungkook making Taehyung shake his head.

"It's alright. My parents were wonderful. They gave me the best childhood and loved me with all their heart for 20 years until...I told them I'm gay and they never talked to me again."

"Oh, I'm sorry you had to go through that."

Jungkook brings him in for a hug. Taehyung rest his head on Jungkook's shoulder. They stay like this for a minute before Taehyung breaks the hug.

"What about your parents? You have never spoken about them."

Jungkook breaks eye contact and looks at the floor.

"Hm yeah, I haven't spoken to them in years."

"Why not?" asks Taehyung making Jungkook gulp.

"Hm I...I am too ashamed to face them again after I ran away from home when I was 18."

"Why would you do that?"

"It was a dumb repulsive choice I made because I blamed the bulling and homophobia I was getting on them. Just b-because they're gay."

The two stand there in silence until Taehyung spoke again.

"Why haven't you gone back to them and apologize."

"They will be mad at me. What I did is unforgivable and-"

"YES, IT IS UNFORGIVABLE!" interrupts Taehyung. "b-but you can still try. Do you honestly think they would still be mad after 7 years?" ask Taehyung and his eyes fills with tears.

"It's not that simple."

"YES IT IS! Y-you can say sorry and have parents again."

Tears start falling down Taehyung's cheeks and Jungkook brings him into his warm embrace. Jungkook rubs Taehyungs back to comfort him until be calms down.

"I understand why your upset, but it really isn't easy for me. In your case your parents made you a victim of homophobia, but I was the homophobic one. I hated them for the stupidest reason, and I...I must have caused them so much pain. I first have to forgive myself before they could ever forgive me."

Jungkook breaks the hug and wipes Taehyung's tears.

"I understand but promise me you will think about it."

"I promise."