turning point

tw: abuse

karl pov:

i run into the other room almost immediately after i recieved the message. who knows why i was so excited, but i had to share the news right away. in my attempt to get there as fast as possible, i slam straight into sapnap, apparently doing the same.

"he texted!" i say, excitedly, now sitting on the floor after getting knocked over by sapnap.

"i know!" sapnap grabs my hand and pulls me back up, "should i make a group chat?"

"go for it, it's probably the best way for us to talk right now anyway." i shrug.

both of our eyes are sparkling full of excitement. we've both been out as polyamorous for almost eight months of our seventeen-month relationship, we're desperate to find another partner. it just always feels like we're missing something - in this case, someone - in our relationship. we've never really found anyone and sapnap was slowly beginning to lose hope that we'd even meet someone who was poly. that's why he seemed so off when i wanted to befriend alex, he doubted that he would be interested. but, alex is lovely, i felt like he clicked with us straight away, and there's only one way to find out if he's interested or not.

"i can make the group if you don't want to." i offer when i notice sapnap looking hesitant. i know he struggles to open up to people, even over text. he nods in response.

picking myself back up off of the floor, i rush back to my room and grab my phone that i'd carelessly discarded on the floor next to my bed.

i text back:

maybe: alex
hey, it's alex/quackity :)

karl
hi alex, would it be okay for me to add you to a group chat with sap and i?

he responds instantly,

alex :)
sure, sounds ggood :)

karl
ggood

alex :)
stfu.

karl added alex :) and sappy to a group.

alex :)
hey guys

sappy
quackity!!!

alex :)
sapnap!!!!!

karl
we should meet up soon

sappy
we live together.

karl
alex doesnt live with us you nimrod

alex :)
when do yoy guys wanna meey up

sappy
i love a guy who can spell😍

alex :)
STFU!!!

karl
sapnap be nice. when's best for you alex? we can meetup whenever :]

alex :)
i'm working almost every day, it's only me and kris working at the cafe so weekends are good for me 👍

sappy
sounds good :)

sapnap and i sorted out further plans with alex, like what times he worked and whether he was going to be busy any days and soon enough, we have secure plans to meet on saturday at 2pm till whenever. but we plan to surprise him at work every day because we're like that.