1.19

LOS ANGELES

Lavvie woke up feeling a body land harshly on the bed, not caring to react when she heard the familiar tired groan from her husband. She opened her eyes for a moment to peak at the bedside clock, 5:17 am. The sun had started to rise and Dylan was just now arriving home from his birthday celebration with Tyler.

Dylan lazily wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her to him and she could smell the stench of alcohol coming off of him. Her nose scrunched in disgust, tiredly moving out of his arms and back to her swarm of pillows. He let out a drunken whine, his body unable to stay in one spot without her in his arms.

"You reak." She mumbled, rolling over to face him and cheap smile spread over his rosy face. "You have fun?"

"Not as much as I would've with you there." Dylan answered, trying to bring her into his arms again but she wouldn't budge.

"Brush your teeth and change, I can't stand that smell." Lavvie told him, Dylan let out a short huff of annoyance but complied, going to their bathroom. She watched as he brushed his teeth, then stripped down to his underwear before climbing back into bed.

"Lets make another baby, right now." He said, a tired Lavvie staring back at him as if he was insane. "Or I can pull out." He chuckled, too drunk to realize she wasn't in the mood to talk—having previously been in a deep sleep.

"Dylan, go to sleep." Lavvie muttered, wrapping her arms around his torso and closing her eyes.

"Why don't you want another baby?" Dylan asked, sitting up slightly—only frustrating his tired wife more.

"Dylan, can this wait for morning?" Lavvie groaned, sticking her legs between his while trying to get comfortable.

"It is morning." He mumbled, Lavvie opened her eyes glaring up at him. "Do you not want another baby?"

"Why would you even think that?" She rolled her eyes, entirely too tired to have the conversation without getting frustrated.

"You seemed glad when the test was negative." Dylan stated, staring to the wall opposite from him with a frown. Lavvie let out a sigh, sitting up beside him and brushing her hands through her hair, lightly tugging at the roots.

"Because I don't want another, right now." She told him, but his frown didn't budge, clearly not liking her answer.

"Why not?"

"Dylan, look at us, we're not ready for another baby." She retorted, pointing out his drunk state and he shook his head, trying to seem sober.

"Why would you say that?" He asked, offended by her honest words.

"You're literally drunk, coming home at five in the morning."

"It was my birthday." He muttered, now he was annoyed.

"Right, because you didn't do the same shit while our daughter was here and I was across country?" She retorted in question, throwing the blankets off of her to walk to the bathroom—now fully awake.

"It's not like I was out getting arrested." Lavvie couldn't believe the words coming from his mouth, a malicious laugh leaving her through. She turned back to him, glaring at him with disgust.

"Me? Don't act like you were either, and guess what I was fucking pregnant last time you got arrested!" She reminded him, angry tears threatening her eyes and she wanted to walk away, but she couldn't.
Dylan sat up on the edge of the bed, facing her with his puppy dog eyes that she always seemed to cave for.

"I did it for you, I was protecting you and our unborn child." He told her, only making her frustrations worse.

"I never asked you to do that, now did I?" She hated thinking about why he was arrested, as much as she believed Timothee to be deserving—she never wanted Dylan to reach his level.

"Don't tell me you feel bad for him? Is that-"

"You better keep those fucking words to yourself, don't you bring him into this. This is about us, Dylan." Lavvie told him quickly, not sure what she would do if he were to finish what he was going to say. She knew Dylan was drunk, and that was the only reason he was behaving outrageously, but she was disgusted with him in that moment.

"Then stop acting like I'm him." Dylan's words were broken, he'd been thinking if for a while, but was always too afraid to get it out.

Lavvie's tears flooded her face, "when have I ever? Please Dylan, tell me a time where I acted like you were that asshole who hurt me in ways that can't even fucking explain!"

"You've always been scared, Lavvie, you were scared I would leave you when you were pregnant, you were scared even after I proposed. When I go out, you don't trust that I wont do something to hurt our relationship. How many times do I have to prove to you that I'm never leaving you." Even with his confession, she was still upset and she knew it wasn't going away.

"You don't know that." She mumbled, she finally walked into the bathroom, closing and locking the door. She fell against the wall, body sliding to the floor and she let out sobs.

"Lavender, please open the door." She heard, but she didn't move, unable to face him. "We can wait to have another baby, I'm so-"

"Please, go away." She cried out, only to hear his body sit against the door.

"I told you, I'm never leaving you, Lav."

"Then I'll go." Lavvie muttered to herself, opening the door and he quickly moved away.

"I'm so-"

"Please, just stop talking." Lavvie told him, not wanting to hear what he had to say. Her adrenaline was rushing, frustration running through her body and she knew if she stayed in the house any longer, she'd explode. She had no control of her emotions, wanting badly to scream at him for no reason. She took a pair of jeans from the dresser, quickly pulling them on along with a hoodie.

"Where are you going?" Dylan asked, moving up beside her, concluding that she'd had enough of him.

"Clearing my head, I'll take Rory so that you can— well, deal with your hangover." Lavvie mumbled, getting her phone and purse from the beside, Dylan watching her every move. "I'll be back, don't worry." She assured him, she knew no matter how mad she was at him, she would always come back.

With that, she left the room, leaving a distraught Dylan alone.

authors note.
im so tired that i hope this makes sense
like why lavvie would be upset and why he would too.

and honestly id do the same shit bc i have anger issues and would probably throw hands if i stayed in the same house as him any longer