2.7

LAVVIE

"Hi, Lavender." I couldn't breathe.

There was no way this was happening, I must've been dreaming. But the more I stood frozen, the less I could breathe and the less I could breathe, the more I realized how real this was. My mother, the woman who I never wanted to see again, was standing at the steps of my front door. Shelley was confused, all she knew was that I didn't mention my mother and I was okay with leaving it at that.

Then I stepped forward, sucking in my crocodile tears of panic and staring her down. I wouldn't show her weakness, not when she was the one pathetically standing at my doorstep.

"Get off my property." I told her, crossing my arms securely over my chest. I could see her face fall, the face of manipulation coming to play. But I was done with that, I refused to let someone like her fool me.

"Lavender, please—"

"I will call the cops and have them remove you, if you'd like." I smirked, this might've been my best acting yet.

"Lavvie, should I—"

"Get my baby, and get her away, please." I told Shelley, only to feel small arms wrap around my legs, followed by Rory's innocent giggles.

"Is this little Aurora?" My mother asked, crouching down to eye level with my daughter. If murder was legal—stay calm.

"Hewwo." Rory waved, and I turned to Shelley with pleading eyes and she understood immediately, taking Rory in her arms. "Bye-bye!" Rory waved, Shelley carrying her away and I stepped out onto the porch.

Closing the door, I stared at the woman with cold eyes. Every memory of her abuse flooding back, there wasn't a single thing about her that made me feel the comfort the way a mother should. I didn't know what to do, I needed Dylan—but I shouldn't be dependent, not like this.

"You have two minutes to tell me what the hell you're doing here." I stated, she stood frozen, probably coming up with a lie.

"Lavender—"

"Don't call me that." I didn't like the way it sounded, my full name leaving her mouth, the name she'd given me.

"I can call you what—"

"Maybe I'll give you one minute." I muttered, taking my phone from my pocket and clicking the clock app. Her eyes widened at my action, but I refused to give her any more of my time.

"I wanted to see you, and my granddaughter, don't you think I deserve to meet her?" She asked, her voice cracking with her words.

"No."

"No? That is my—"

"My daughter. I get to say whether or not you can be in her life, and my life. You lost your chance at being in her life when you fucked up mine. I wont risk it because I don't trust you." I told her, the tears struggle to stay back. "You know what? Just leave, now."

"Please, forgive me, Lavender." She pleaded, stepping closer to me with her hand placing on my shoulder. I stared down at it, then back up at her and I broke. "I stopped drinking and I-I regret all the things I did to you. Don't you want a mother?"

"Get the hell away from me and my family." I told her, shoving her hand from my arm and making my way towards the door. She followed, not giving up on her persistent want to make amends. "I said go!" I cried out, blocking the door in fear she'd try to go inside.

"Lav—"

"She asked you several times to leave the property, now I suggest you do that before we have to do it by force." I heard Jade's voice from behind me, she heald a serious face, Shelley beside her with her phone raised, showing the number she had dialed—all she needed to do was press call.

"I will see you again."

PRIVATE MESSAGES

lavvie
I'm coming to London
Tonight

hubby (taylors version)
REALLY
THATS GREAT
i miss you so much
Wait
Why so urgent? I thought you were having
a girls weekend?

lavvie
Can't i come see my husband?

hubby (taylors version)
you can..
did something happen?
read at 12:27 pm

lav
what happened

lavvie
i don't feel safe here

hubby (taylors version)
You're scaring me
Please, just tell me

lavvie
My mother knows where we live
she came by this morning

hubby (taylors version)
did she do anything?
Tell me that you weren't alone
Lavender
Fuck

lavvie
it's fine now
the girls were still here
please don't freak out

hubby (taylors version)
How can I not freak out when I'm not there?
I promised you nothing would happen
and it did

lavvie
don't blame yourself
please don't
we're okay, shelley is here
and she's gonna take us to the airport

hubby (taylors version)
I'm leaving set early
Okay?
I'm gonna come get you

lavvie
Okay
I love you and I promise I'll tell
you more when I get there