Chapter 6: Priorities

-The next day-

3rd pov

Today was the day when Teams RWBY and JNR commence their brilliant plan. They packed their things and made a few more clarifications so that they would understand the flow of the plan. You told them that you cannot participate because you had over 769 missions...and counting. 

You: I would love to participate, but I can't--

Scroll: *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting*

You: This thing won't let me.

Scroll: [off screen] *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting* *ting*

Jaune: That's alright. We'll try to contact you when we succeed? I guess? Just wish us luck.

Ruby: We'll succeed! Our plan is flawless! 

Yang: Yeah!

You: Alright. See ya guys later. 

Before you left, they first gave you their scroll numbers so that they can immediately contact you once they've succeeded in their plan. And with that, you parted ways. You flew up into the sky to speed your way to Mistral, for a mission(s) while the others, well, do their best to steal an Atlas ship. 

--

Weiss pov

Cordo: I was relieved to hear that you came to your senses, Ms. Schnee.  Many of us were devastated when we heard you would be attending Beacon Academy. Knowing that you'll be returning to Atlas just warms my old heart.

While Cordo was giving me her monologue, we were already inside the Atlas airfield. The place was filled with guards left and right, crates of Dust were being delivered from one ship to another. Jaune's sister accompanied me with her baby in her hands, while I carried a big bag, filled with "luggage".

Weiss: It was time to get my act together and go back to my roots.

I lied.

Cordo: Oh I can't wait to see you follow in your sister's footsteps.

I made a fake wide smile to show how "happy" I was.

Weiss: Absolutely.

Cordo: I'll be sending two of my best guards to personally escort you. Make sure general Ironwood hears that part.

Weird old woman.

As she walked away, her two guards were about to lend me a hand with my luggage. 

Guard #1: Allow me to assist you with your bag!

He proceeds to walk up to me and carry my bag.

Guard #1: My, what a heavy bag!

Weiss: That's alright, I can bring it.

Guard #1: Nonsense.

Guard #2: Allow me to assist as well! op op op.

Weiss: I can take care of it by myself, thank you very much.

The two guards were grabbing a hold of my bag I still held it with my hands it, became sort of like a tug of war. I had to carry the bag, it has the most important part of the plan inside it. Noticing my uneasiness with the situation, Saffron, Jaune's sister, engaged the distraction in case something might happen.

Saffron: *to her baby* Just like we practiced. 

The baby nodded and proceeded to let out a very loud wail. The wailing was so loud it made its own mini shockwave.