Chapter 14

You and your team were about to leave the slums, where Faunuses and the humans of Mantle took shelter in until you realized that you didn't do anything but be protected by your teammates Yang, Jaune, and Ren...even by Oscar at some point. You didn't want to be protected, you felt like a burden towards them. Though you do understand that you are weakened, you wanted to be of help to your friends too, you can't just stand there and watch your friends do all the work. So you asked Fionna before you left.

You: Yo.

Fiona or Fi: Hm? Do you need something Y/N?

You: Yeah, well, I need a weapon.

Fi: Oh! Of course!

Then she sped inside her tent and searched for a weapon. 

----

It's been 10 minutes, and she's still inside her tent. Hopefully, she didn't forget what you asked her. 

Yang (from afar): Hey, Y/N! 

You looked back at Yang, with Ren, Oscar, and Jaune, hands on her hips, waiting. Her patience was running out.

Yang: You coming or what?

You: Yeah! I'll be there in a minute!

Then on time, Fi came out with a...metal bat in her hand. She nervously walked up to you with a shaky smile.

Fi: heheh. S-Sorry... This was all I could find.

You took the metal bat and smiled at her.

You: No, it's ok. This will do. Thank you.

She smiled and then walked away.

Yang (from afar): Y/N!

You: I'm coming, okay!

You ran to your friends, now armed with a weapon to fight the grimm with your friends. Then you see Jaune snort.

Jaune: Is that a bat?

You: Yes.

Ren: What do you think that's gonna do to the grimm?

Ren's not wrong though. In fact, he was being brutally honest. This made Jaune frown at Ren.

Jaune: At least he has something to defend himself with.

Ren rolled his eyes from Jaune, dismissing the topic.

----

Yang sped through the streets of Mantle, while a grimm with wings and a dragon-like appearance that's approximately the size of a car, chased her. She sped past through the buildings and the empty streets of Mantle, and at the other side of those buildings were Ren and Oscar. Ren was driving the motorcycle. 

Oscar: [Ready?]

He said in the comms as he brought out a grenade that will explode on impact.

Yang shot the dragon-like grim behind her and focused on the road once again.

Yang: [Now!]

Then Ren started increasing in speed and turned in Yang's direction making Oscar throw the grenade right beneath the dragon-like grimm.

BOOM

The shockwave was so strong that it forced the grimm upwards, hitting a bridge it tried to fly through, in the process. It groaned in pain as it crashed on the bridge and fell on the asphalt of Mantle with a low growl. Then Yang maneuvered her motorcycle out of the way to give way to Jaune who bolted towards the Grimm, shield, and sword up high. He made a battle cry as he slashed the grimm in its neck. But that wasn't enough. Jaune went off balance and fell off the motorcycle. He looked behind him to see the grimm loom over him. He closed his eyes accepting his fate as his friends screamed his name. Then...