Chapter 8: A warm welcome

The ship landed on the Helipad of Atlas. The guards immediately opened the airship's doors to reveal you and your friends, ready to leave. You looked up at Atlas Academy, the view was beautiful. 

Ruby: I guess we will be seeing the General. For better or worse.

--

Ren: So what do we do?

Ruby: I don't know yet. But we should be careful with what we say. 

The Atlesian guards, real people, glared at you and your friends. 

Blake: *whispers to Ruby* We'll follow your lead, Ruby.

Elevator: Ting.

All of you exited the elevator and followed the guards leading all of you to General Ironwood. The guards led all of you in a hallway, when you were about to take a turn on the next corridor, General Ironwood, Winter, and Penny passed right in front of you and your friends. Penny noticed all of you. 

Penny: *gasp* Yay, you're here!

Ironwood and Winter turned around, to see all of you.

Weiss: Winter.

Winter gasped at the sight of her sister in handcuffs. 

Nora: Anyone wanna give us a hand with these? 

Winter snapped out of her trance and fixed her posture.

Winter: You have 10 seconds to take those off before I start hurting you.

Both guards: huh?

Guard #1: Sorry! 

Guard #2: Please let us help you.

The two guards removed all your and your friends' handcuffs, except you. The guards look at you with worry, since your handcuffs took the longest to unlock.

You: Uh oh, you guys got about...3 seconds left before you get hurt. Can you do it?

Winter flinched when she heard your voice. Penny seems to notice this reaction.

The guards started to profusely sweat. They had to use 5 keys to unlock you from your handcuffs. It wouldn't take so long, but the guards were shaking so much it took longer than expected. 

It took them 6 seconds to unlock you. 

You: Look, they failed. Give their punishment.

Guard #1: No please, forgive us!

Guard #2: We'll do anything!

You put a finger on your chin.

You: Hmmm. Anything?

Guard #2: Anything!

You: I want you to get out of my sight.

The guards looked at each other.

Guard #1: That's it?

You: Oh so you want more?

Guard #2 slaps Guard #1's head.

Guard #2: No, no, no. We'll be on our way.

They left. Nora laughs at them.

Ironwood: Please, come in. 

You and your friends followed Ironwood, but Penny and Winter were left behind. Winter tried her best to ignore you. When you all followed the general, Penny took the opportunity to ask her.

Penny: Winter, your heart rate is increasing and you temperature is rising. Is something wrong? Are you feeling sick?

Winter: N-no, Penny. I'm fine, thank you for asking.