Ch.10- The Request

"So, You have mentioned that you'd like to request an investigation but what manner of investigation are we speaking of here?"Tanizaki asked the woman with blond short hair who was sitting in front of the six of them

But before the woman could even reply to Tanizaki, Dazai quickly held her hand and said "Beautiful...You're a lady as ephemeral and elegant as a lotus blossom. Would you be willing to do a double suicide- " but before he could continue what he was saying Kunikida quickly went and punch him as everyone except for Akari looked at the scene in shock.

"What?" The woman said looking at what just happened.

"Ah. Apologies for the disturbance." Kunikida apologies to the woman as he walked pass her. "Don't worry. Pleasedisregard hat just happened. Please continue." Was what Kunikida said before the door closed on Dazai and Kunikida while the rest of them sweat dropped at this.

"Regarding my request...." The woman bought up her request and ignoring what was happening inside  the room.

In which they turned back at her as Tanizaki replied "Y-Yes."

'Wow. She's managing to carry on as though everything's normal.'  Atsushi thought while sweating.

"Well, it seems there's recently been a group of distasteful people loitering in my company building's back alley." The blond woman started stating.

"By distasteful person, you mean...." Tanizaki asked but was cut off by the blond woman saying "They appear to be dressed in rags. Some of them have been heard speaking in a foreign language."

Soon the doors opened revealing Dazai and Kunikida as he commented "They must be smugglers or some such." Dazai who was on the floor looking like he was going to die while Kunikida was just crossing his arms.

"Onii-sama!" Akari quickly called him and went up to him.

"Daijoubu desu ka?" She asked as the door closed on both him and his sister.

While the outside were talking about the situation, Akari on the other hand helped her twin brother to sit up.

Akari then looked at him with a serious expression "Did you do it?" Only to get a nod from him.

"Good."

After some talking, it was concluded that Atsushi, Tanizaki and Naomi would follow the woman and help her find some evidence

"Hey, brat." Kunikida called him.

Atsushi turned and looked at him "It's not that I lack sympathy for your unlucky, ill-be forgotten life. As such, I will give you one hint for surviving in this city." Kunikida then pulled out a photo of a boy who had black hair with grey ends and was wearing a black coat, hands in his pockets. "Don't run into him. If you do, run." Was what Kunikida said to him as Atsushi grabbed the photo.

"Who is he?"

"A mafioso." Dazai said making Atsushi turned and looked at him. Dazai then continued "Though we call them that because we don't know anything else."

"They are a vicious criminal organisation who claims the port as their own territory. They are called the Port Mafia." Kunikida said while closing his ideal book.

"The Port Mafia?"

"They're the most dangerous bunch in the underground world of this city." Akari who's head was laying on her table, slumping suddenly said making Atsushi turned and looked at her. She then pointed at the photo "The one on that photo, is a very some-what dangerous man beyond even this Agency's reached."

"Why is he dangerous?"

"Because he is gifted. His ability happens to be of the ruthless sort specialized for slaughter. Not even the military police stand a chance against him. I wouldn't fight him either." He said, as Atsushi looked back at the photo.

*sigh* "Those useless military police...." Akari mumbled, making sure no one heard her.

"What's his name?"

Kunikida squinted his eyes before answering "It's Akutagawa."

At the Armed Detective Agency, Dazai was wearing his headphones and was singing his suicidal song while Akari was sitting across from him and minding her own business but was soon interrupted by Kunikida who took out his headphones

"Hey Dazai, Akari. What about the job?" He asked, making Dazai smiling at him before answering "I'm waiting for a sign from above."

"Huh?"

Just as Dazai finished replying to Kunikida, he quickly snatched back his headphone and was singing again.

After that Kunikida stomped away, full of anger and went back to his daily work.

"Nii-san...is it really a good idea to keep it a secret from him?" Akari who was playing with her ribbon, stopped playing and asked him.

"It's fine. As long as both of us know, there is nothing to worry about." He replied to his twin sister before continue singing on his suicidal song.

*sigh* 'Whatever.' Akari thought and played with her ribbon again like they never had the conversation before.