Chapter 35 - Watt's Wrong?

Nate and Willow both won their Gym Badges too, but it was clear to see Nate was worrying about Kyra.

"Hey, it's not your fault. Maybe if Galvantula apologises to Kyra himself, maybe she'll see he doesn't mean her any harm?" Willow suggested, hoping she'd be able to cheer Nate up a bit.

Nate nodded, "Maybe, but I'm still worried. Kyra's been so on edge with Team Plasma, and now this too, she doesn't deserve all this. I wish there was something we could do to help her with her weariness around Bug Types."

"Yeah, but I just don't know what. I get why she's so scared, but it's really hard. Seeing her so stressed even though she clearly loves travelling and training pokémon I mean," Willow agreed.

Nate knew that having Kyra exposed to her fears would help, maybe having the ability to understand Galvantula would help her. "It's worth a shot. Lucario will be with her if she gets super stressed, and we'll be there too. Kyra's got to start somewhere, and since she'll be around Galvantula and see him quite a bit, he's a good starting point for her."

The two agreed to their plan, Nate sending out his Galvantula before going into the bedroom to check on Kyra. Since Galvantula wasn't back to his full strength after battling Skyla's Sigilyph, it would hopefully ease Kyra's nerves in the process.

Kyra was still cowering away under her blankets, Lucario snuggled up close to her. Lucario poked her head out of the blanket shield and saw Nate and Willow, becoming aggressive once she saw Galvantula out of his pokéball.

"It's OK Lucario, Galvantula doesn't want to hurt Kyra. He wants to apologise for scaring Kyra before, he really feels bad about it," Nate explained, waiting for Kyra's response.

Kyra didn't want Galvantula anywhere near her, she couldn't trust that he wouldn't harm her. "No, no he doesn't."

"Kyra, please. We know you're scared, but you need to start somewhere. You can understand pokémon, you'll be able to know Galvantula is being genuine," Willow reminded, hoping to persuade Kyra to face her fear.

Kyra knew the two were right, she had to start off somewhere. At least she was under her blanket and Galvantula wouldn't be able to touch her if he did decide to attack.

"Fine, just get this over with," she grumbled, clearly still reluctant to go ahead with the suggestion.

Kyra fully curled herself up into a ball, Lucario led in front of her to help her feel safer. Lucario could sense Kyra becoming more and more scared the closer Galvantula crawled over.

"Kyra, truly, I didn't mean to scare you. Your pokémon really care about you, and I know they'd protect you, and deep down you know that too. I wouldn't have chance to harm you," Galvantula explained.

Although Kyra didn't sense any lying in what Galvantula had said, she couldn't trust him. All he had to do was use Discharge and he could hit her and her pokémon at once, then act as if it were accidental. Nate and Willow wouldn't know otherwise, and they most likely wouldn't believe her anyway since she was so scared of Galvantula to begin with. It was a lose-lose situation.

"Kyra? Everything OK?" Nate asked, worried by Kyra's resounding silence.

"Get Galvantula away, please."

It was clear Kyra was close to tears, her fear was getting the better of her.

"Kyra, this is silly. Galvantula has no reason to hurt you, he's not close enough to attack you either. If you're not going to try, then we may as well not help you," Willow sighed, slightly annoyed at Kyra's reluctance to try.

"Good, I don't want your help, and I don't need your help. I don't care what Bug Type it is, I'm not interested. I'm not taking any risks," Kyra replied, refusing to accept the help she was being given.