Chapter 16 - Bond Reformed

Nate had noticed that Kyra had been much quieter than normal today. It hadn't been a concern at first, but now it was just the two of them, he began to worrying there was more to what was going on in Kyra's mind then she was letting on.

"Everything alright? You've just seemed a bit distant," Nate asked, hoping Kyra would open up to him.

Kyra nodded, "Oh? Have I? I guess my mind is just busy today. There's no need to worry, I just hope we find this Resort soon. I could do with a nice warm bath, who knows, maybe it'll help me relax a little," she replied.

Nate couldn't help but notice the change in Kyra's tone. Something was off, the way Kyra had just spoken was abnormal. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but there was definitely something wrong.

"Not to be pushy or anything, but are you sure there's nothing wrong? I'm probably just overthinking it, but you don't look or sound like your normal self," Nate asked, hoping he hadn't pushed his boundaries.

Kyra stopped walking as if she had noticed something, Nate assumed this was Kyra trying to avoid the question so he went to ask it again.

"No no no, I'm not ignoring you. I think I just sensed Lucario, something about...we need to get to them, NOW!" Kyra explained, panicking that Lucario and Willow were in danger.

Kyra took off towards Lucario before Nate could even react, seemingly not noticing the swirling Sandstorm slowly edging towards them.

"Kyra, wait! We can't go into that Sandstorm, we'll get lost," Nate warned, catching up to Kyra and just about keeping up with her.

"I'm tracking Lucario's aura now, as long as she even the slightest bit conscious, I'll still be able to track her. As for the Sandstorm, protect your eyes as best as you can. I would offer you a pair of goggles, but Lucario has my bag so you're going to have to go with whatever you have on you," Kyra replied, trying to figure out the quickest way to Lucario and Willow.

Nate didn't have anything he could grab quickly so he just shielded his eyes as much as possible with his hands. He put the hood of his hoodie up as a slight bit of protection, but it still didn't do as much as he hoped.

Kyra was determined not to stop, any second she wasted was an extra second Lucario and Willow were in danger for. She had to keep running, now matter how much her legs and lungs were screaming for her to stop.

We're almost there, just keep running for a little longer. You should see some stairs to your left any second now, that's where you need to go. Lucario's still managing to fight back against the danger she's in, and so is Willow, but Willow is close to giving up. You and Nate don't have much time.

Kyra appreciated her aura being blunt about the situation, it gave her the motivation she needed to keep running. Nate could see that was looking for the turning to her left and he slowed down slightly to catch some breath.

"Sorry, but there's no time for that. Lucario's still fighting back, but Willow's giving up hope. We're almost there now, just keep going for another couple of minutes, Willow needs you," Kyra reminded, using Nate's closeness to Willow as motivation to keep going.

Nate didn't want to risk losing Willow so he caught up with Kyra and they soon found the entrance Kyra's aura had spoken of. Lucario and Willow were close, Kyra could sense them clearly now.

As Kyra and Nate reached the origin of Lucario and Willow's aura, they saw two pokémon. Kyra quickly connected the dots together and she had Nate use his pokédex to find out about the pokémon.

"Cofagrigus, the Coffin pokémon, a Ghost Type. When people try to rob graves, Cofagrigus become defensive and they trap victims in their bodies until they are mummified. They like to eat anything gold and can become distracted by it."