One Too Many

Great, it's time for the party. Sam sighed and shut down his laptop before packing it away in his bag. If he could, he'd spend all day studying, because it was really worth it. Besides, with all those years of researching for cases, this was a piece of cake. You didn't have to dig around the internet to find impossible clues that could tell you what you have to go kill. You only have to memorize information from the books and find the answers to their questions. Easy. It was boring though, but at least it's not something you have to risk your life doing. With hunting, he had to be ready to die at any time. With law school, it was like what he'd always dreamed of. A fairy tale.

Sam made his way to Brady's dormitory and put in the pin code to enter. The hall that led to his dorm room was insane. There were college kids drinking, making out, throwing confetti, giving each other piggy back rides, and one particularly brave, dimwit ran right past Sam... streaking and wooing. Sam mentally tried to scrub his brain clean as he shifted his bag on his shoulder and peered through Brady's doorway.

"Heeeeey! You made it!" he was greeted as he was entering. Brady came up to him and engulfed him into a hug, patting his back before pulling away with a dazed grin.

"You're already drunk?" Sam asked, holding back a laugh.

"Well, ya know," he muttered bashfully before nodding and giggling. "Come have a drink with me!"

Suddenly, Sam was being dragged off to one of the many coolers in the dormitory and a can was shoved in his hand. Before he knew it, another was down... then another... and somehow he ended up in a group around the counters of the kitchen, surrounded by liquor bottles and Red Solo cups. That was when he knew he was in deep. One shot, then another, okay okay, one more. It wasn't like he meant to get hammered, but it just happened. Brady seemed to be enjoying Drunk Sam, since he was laughing his drunken ass off with him; their arms slung around each other as the switched him back to the beer cans.

Sam stumbled off through one of the hallways. He was determined. He was going somewhere... and he couldn't exactly remember where. Probably the bathroom, no wait, he just came out of there. Sam took a sip of his beer and suddenly the floor grabbed the tip of his shoe as he was walking and he nearly tripped. He would have tripped if it hadn't been for the hand that gripped his upper arm to hold him up.

"Easy, kiddo," Sam heard. He regained his balance with some assistance, letting him slump into the wall before he could actually register the stranger. He had golden eyes. That was the thing that stuck out in this fuzzy mind the most, and that's all he really could manage to focus on anyways.

"Wow. Someone doesn't know his own limits," Golden Eyes chuckled, and Sam knew he was grinning. It may not have been the grin he was picturing though. This one was more dazed and unfocused.

"Yeah! I should- uh..... –I should- get... back to my dorm," Sam stuttered, feeling his beer being taken from him and seeing the stranger place it on a shelf.

"Oh no you don't, not like this. Just, here, let me help you get there, okay?" he asked, moving so my arm was around his shoulders so he could somewhat support my weight. It was surprising he actually could. This guy was pretty short. It made Sam giggle. "I take that as a yes," he says before he leads Sam through the dormitory and outside, Sam noticing that his bag was on the other's shoulder. Good. Even his drunk self knows he would be lost without his bag.

Sam grins and leans onto the other guy as he's led to his dorm. He can't remember telling him where he lived. Wait, did he black out. When did he get outside? They're both suddenly outside of Sam's door, which queues Sam to reach into his pocket for his keys and lazily hand them to Golden Eyes.

They unlock the door and open it, Golden Eyes making sure Sam got in okay before he closed the door behind him. Sam was led into his room and he fell into a mass of pillow and sheets, feeling a blanket being draped over him, but he couldn't really see anything with his face stuffed into a pillow. He hummed and snuggled into his bed, glad to be comfortable, so he moves his arms to wrap around his pillow and moved his head so it's lying on its side on the pillow. Then he's drifting into sleep.

"Goodnight, Sam," is the last thing he hears before he falls asleep. He doesn't remember that when he wakes up.

No, when he wakes up he tries to curl back into his pillow and ignore the painful throbbing that's pounding inside his skull. But, he opens his eyes and it's like knifes in his eyes as the sun's rays shine through the blinds. Hangovers, oh they are sweet.

Sam averts his eyes from the window and they're immediately drawn to his nightstand. On it was a bottle of Aspirin, a bottle of water, and a note that had the pen resting on it. Sam shifted so he could reach over and pick up the note, not caring that the pen fell to the floor in the process.

   Hi there! Guessing you're probably wondering how the Hell you got home? Well, I got you there. You were super drunk and literally falling over your own feet. You told me where you lived when I told you that I could help you get home. Hope you aren't too much of a wreak! (but you probably are. Hangovers suck).

-GS

Then, to Sam's interest, there was a number at the bottom of the page.