│08 Lonely Duchess

The Lonely Duchess

The Lonely Duchess

"Wanna hear a story?"
"Yeah!"

A precious girl was born into a world of prestige and privilege, a symbol of love between the Archduke of Nollac and the Princess of the Empire. She was given the name Nieve Amaranthine von Nollac, a reflection of the beauty and purity she embodied. However, fate had a cruel twist in store for her.

One fateful night, after kissing her parents goodnight, Nieve's life changed forever. If only she had known what was to come, she would have never let them leave her side. But fate had other plans.

At the tender age of thirteen, Nieve was burdened with the responsibility of holding an archduchy together. Her once-charmed life was replaced with an endless cycle of loneliness and regret. She lost the will to hope for happiness and believed that fate had forsaken her.

But a chance encounter with a wandering alchemist sparked a flame within her heart. She fell deeply in love with him, despite the disapproval of the elders. Their love blossomed, and they welcomed a child into the world.

However, just as Nieve began to feel loved once again, fate dealt her another crushing blow. Her beloved husband fell victim to a failed assassination attempt on the Emperor and was brutally killed. Nieve was shattered. The world turned black and grey once again, and she was plunged into the cold, dark abyss of loneliness.

As a grieving widow and mother, Nieve carried the weight of the world on her shoulders. She was consumed by the guilt of indulging in her own selfish desire for love, believing that her actions had led to her husband's untimely death. She was The Lonely Duchess, drowning in a sea of anguish and despair.

Nieve's heart ached for her child, who was now fatherless and forced to live a wretched life. She didn't know how to protect her child from the pain and suffering that lay ahead. If only she had listened to fate and avoided the path of selfishness, her child would not have to endure such hardship.

But it was too late. The damage had been done, and Nieve was left to suffer the consequences of her choices. Her heart was heavy with grief, and she longed for the love and care that once surrounded her. Nieve Amaranthine von Nollac, once the cherished daughter of a noble house, was now a lonely, broken woman, lost in a world that had turned against her. Back to The Lonely Duchess that she is.

[Rewritten]