Shadow of Pluto - 26 - Richard

Whenever he decreed that someone would wait for him, that person did. Even for a day, or two, or three. In fact, there were very few people he would not dare to request patience from – but that was usually due to him maintaining the face of the philanthropist he wore if he had to leave his domain or cared about a business deal very much. The man who had been taken to his study was one of those he normally would not have liked to offend.

Right now, however, was not 'normal' and Richard saw no need in pretending that he was a decent human being anymore. He entered his study, where the Chinese still sat despite the hours that had passed – straight back, raised chin and with a dense air of aloofness about him. The only thing that was a bit out of place was the faint purple bruise on his cheekbone, yet even that did not cause any scratch to the coldness and superiority he emanated.

Richard sat in his chair on the opposite side of his desk, while the two guardsmen who had made sure his guest would not leave, vacated the room.

Without as much as ever looking at the other, he took out his phone, had a glance at some messages that were not really of any interest, then opened his file manager and clicked onto a video to let it play.

He turned the device around and held it up high.

The Chinese flinched, then looked away, and there suddenly seemed to be a tiny tint of rosé on his checks.

"Seems you are very forthcoming towards some business rivals", Richard said, without any interest in his voice. He really did not care. He had just wanted to make a point: That that video of Russian mobster Mikhail Arbatov fucking Baishe's Fei Long Liu on a table in someone else's guesthouse existed. As a matter of fact, the file had been deleted ... but his dear son seemed to have gotten distracted halfway through: it had still been in the system's trash.

When the young man looked back, his eyes were chilly and dismissive.

"Why am I here?", he asked. He had a rather calm and deep voice for someone whose face was as pretty and girly as that.

"You are here because my son invited you over. He did not ask my permission, yet I am happy about the opportunity", he answered flatly.

"No ... I mean in this room. Why did you have me brought to your study? Do you want to strike some bargain? Some deal?" He lowered his head a bit, what added a menacing glimmer to his eyes.

Richard understood how so many people got frightened by the beautiful creature. He, however, wasn't one of them.

"Oh, I did not bring you here to discuss anything with you, if that is what you are getting at. Not even to talk, at this point. Opportunity it is", he answered, while consciously forming his lips into something that could be perceived as a faint smile.

He got up and walked over to a broad, double-winged door. With both hands, he pulled it open and revealed the room behind. His private quarters consisted of several chambers: this study and a tiny library, which had once offered access to the large one until he had it bricked up and had put a bookshelf in front; one small and one giant bathroom; a coffee kitchen; a vast walk-in-closet; a reading room with fireplace and a cabinet of world-class beverages and smokes; and his bedroom – which was what the doors gave way into.

Richard, however, did not turn towards the massive bed or any of the other exits, but towards a big, silver framed mirror onto which some golden, lowly shimmering dress had been hung. There certainly was a name for a gown like this, yet he didn't care. It might have been influenced by traditional Chinese or Korean or Japanese clothing, or by Arabian or Indian dressings for men. He really couldn't care less. The only thing that had mattered when he had bought it was that it was so beautiful, he had needed to own it.