The Wood of the Uncertain

And just like that, the guards froze Sardosh back up, and left him there, cursed for another century. Trapped in his own thoughts. An innocent criminal.

We made our way back to the throne room, and we were met with a peculiar set up. A rug on the previously naked floor, candles at each corner of it. In the center of the rug, there was a leafy plant secreting smoke, red beryl crystals in a bowl, and a figurine of the ancient god of galaxies, Tychien. Around the figurine, tiny, shining orbs spun around him, a little solar system around the god's head. Prilik sat in front of the items, meditating. Above the rug, far above in the center of the dome, there was a figurine of the ancient goddess of creation, Luralis, hanging from a string tied to a hook. The figurine glowed a golden essence, as did Prilik's moon-shaped birthmark. Prilik opened his eyes calmly, shooting stars shimmering inside his eyes.

"Bring the all seeing being to me, and I will give you the wisdom you deserve," he calmly said, a tone drowned by his psychotic behavior.

Not understanding his command, I looked over at Venus, who looked back with a blank stare, and then at Sebaiwhyn, who suggested I go outside of the castle to ask Rao and Cocerus if they knew what that meant. Following his advice, I walked outside of the castle, and approached them. They sat further away from the castle, under a tree.

"Are you guys finished?" Cocerus asked.

"We are meeting with a gazer," I said, and his eyes darted at me, clearly alarmed, "He has offered us some knowledge, only if we present to him the all seeing being. Do either of you know what that means?"

"I have no idea," Rao said first.

I glared at Cocerus questionably, "I don't either," he said, and lowered his head to the ground.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Positive," he answered.

A bad liar. I backed away slowly, barely looking at him from my peripheral point of view. I wanted to catch him telling Rao the truth. As I made my way to the castle again, I felt him looking at me, Cocerus. I looked back, and the fire in his eyes changed to yellow. His mouth was agape, and without a warning or explanation, he ran. His cloak waved vigorously behind him. When he passed me, he grabbed my wrist forcing me to run behind him. I'm so sorry! He yelled, busting in the castle, through the hallways and into the throne room. Prilik's eyes glew, shiny galaxies spinning within. He grew eight araneae legs. He stood on two. With five of them, he held Phaedra, Morgan, Icarus, Twyla and Venus in a tight grip, and the remaining one he used to threaten to slice them open. Several guards pinned Sebaiwhyn down. In pure shock, all I could do was watch as Cocerus made various hand signs, moving his fingers and focusing his energy on Prilik. Everytime he changed hand signs, though I didn't see anything, it was like Prilik was greatly affected, and weakened. Cocerus's eyes changed from yellows, to reds, and greens. I've never seen a similar battle. Finally, defeated, Prilik surrendered, let my friends on the floor, and turned back into his regular, wendigo self. He was back in his meditating position, like nothing had happened at all.

"The owner of the all-seeing eyes," Prilik said.

I was furious, "What just happened?" I turned to Cocerus.

He was interrupted by Prilik, "A wise witch such as yourself could have not been oblivious to the unique nature in his eyes." It was as though Prilik had changed personalities.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The binding element of the bringers of power. He is the current owner of the all-seeing eyes. A power greater than that of a gazer, as you could see. He can see the things I can see, and much more," he explained, "he can conjure mystical powers."