Parents

I tried to climb out of the hole, but Private Galeili pulled me back in with a surprising amount of strength. He gave me a look, as I refused to believe he could drag me down. He called two other soldiers, also gashadokuro, who grabbed me by the underarms, tied me up and dragged me through the narrow hole, which stretched for miles, all the way to their main camp. I asked them to spare me, as I tugged and pulled on the ropes, but it was impossible for me to strip them away. They continued pulling on me, and made it to a big tent, separated from the rest. Inside, two gashadokuro. One on the ground, tied up and fighting to get out of the ropes, and the other gazing at a map on a table.

"General Sican, a rebel," said one of the soldiers, a masculine voice. General Sican glared at me. He eyed me from my hair to my feet. Perverted, I thought. He nodded at the two soldiers holding me, and they threw me on the ground and marched away.

"What is your business here?" the general asked.

"I have no business here," I growled.

"Then why do you look up at me in Eccrin grounds?" he glared at me.

"I fell off my plane," I glared back at him. He seemed surprised, like he was expecting something less exciting. With that, I knew he grew tired of the war. Everything bored him. Except a witch falling off a plane.

"You ride planes?" he asked, intrigued. He probably thought I was part of the upper class. Maybe I could bribe him with non-existent pebblets.

"Yes, I do. A private plane with my own personal pilot," I answered, "He's probably looking for me right now."

"I can offer you a deal," he said.

"What would that be?" I asked. I grew intrigued, but surprisingly not nervous or anxious.

"A trade of sorts," he began, "If you can offer me something more valuable than this being, I'll let both of you go. My soldiers will personally find your plane."

He pointed at the other gashadokuro, who was tied at the hands, feet and mouth. While all of the gashadokuro I've seen have empty eye sockets, or dead eyeballs, this one had glowing blue fireballs as eyes. He wore a cloak instead of the soldier uniforms everybody else wore. He seemed interesting, indeed. I felt a gut feeling that told me he could help me get out of here.

"Something more valuable than a whole being?" I asked, "Why?"

"The task is much easier than you think. I was looking for a specific being. I was sure it was him. But turns out, he's a farce. Utterly useless to me. He was supposed to help me win this battle, potentially this war. But he's a faker. A dumb illusionist or something. But I won't let him go unless I receive something in return. I don't lose no matter what the situation is." the general explained.

"Well, if he's so useless, anything I give you should suffice, shouldn't it?" I said.

"Now don't you try to play tricks on me, witch," he started.

"Not at all. I'm talking about money," I interrupted him, "Money is the most valuable thing in the world isn't it? I'll give you all my pocket money for our freedom," I paused, "But you have to accept it no matter the amount."

He thought about it. He considered what I said about having a private plane with a private pilot. He must have thought I was rich.

"Deal. I just want him out of here. He's a waste," he shook my hand.

I put my hands in my pocket, turned back and looked at the gashadokuro. I felt a connection almost immediately. He knew what I was thinking. Behind those fireball eyes was great power. In a blink of an eye, I picked up the gashadokuro from the ground, over my shoulder, and sprinted into the battlefield. He tried to say things under the cloth covering his mouth, but it was intelligible. I tore it off and he could speak. An authoritarian, firm voice.